Mini-Suite vs. Vista Suite on Sapphire

dawnprincess

Hello you helpful people!

My friend is taking an Alaskan cruise and has a few physical problems. She is trying to decide between the Mini-Suite or the Vista Suite and the bathroom is a main consideration. Does the Mini-Suite have a shower/tub combo -- that is you must lift up your leg into the tub to get into the shower/tub? I believe the Vista Suite has a Jacuzzi tub AND a stall shower. Also I assume there is a stall shower in the Balcony cabins -- and assume the stall showers are just about flush with the floor --no big thing to step over (which would be a problem for her). Any help from those who have sailed this ship and have the info would be very helpful. Called Princess but they only check the diagrams and internet sites too, so would like some firsthand info if possible before she books. Thanks in advance!

I have stayed in both cabins on the Diamond (same configuration as Sapphire). The full suite has a tub with jacuzzi that is difficult to get in and out of for anyone one with a handicap or the very elderly. But it does have a separate stall shower that is quite roomy with a very small step over. The mini has a tub/shower combo like most people have in their homes.

I've not been on this ship but did have a tub in our cabin last May. You can ask for a shower chair in any cabin. I did not know this and the steward offered it (Maria from Mexico on the Royal). Without the chair I would have had to take "basin baths" for two weeks - not a pretty thought. With the chair, I sat on the chair and then lifted my legs into the tub where I could stand or sit as I chose. It really made it manageable, easy even.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

Sorry to interupt the issue at hand. But I have a question for you, Dawnprincess.

I read earlier post about Brilliance of the seas and saw that you posted a cabin 3009 for a med.cruise.

Did you stay in that cabin and was it okey?

Noise?

I got that cabin on our cruise to Panama 12 dec 05 and I thought I would check with someone that stayed in it.

Thank you very much!

Regards Sandra

Hi Sandra!

Cabin 3009 on Brilliance of the Seas was just fine. I can remember no noise issues or any other problems at all. If you've sailed Royal Caribbean before, you probably have an idea of what the cabin looks like. If you haven't sailed Royal Caribbean before or would like me to email photos of the cabin (or post them to my website for you to view), I'd be happy to do that.

Archived