Question about Sea Side Theater

dnrcim

Don't get your expectations for movies too high, on the 2 cruises I was on which had the big screens I only noticed one family movie playing around 9:30 PM. The screen plays lots of excursion advertising and music concerts { Beach Boys type }...and I never found a schedule of what would play & when.

Bob

They listed the Seaside Theater schedule in our daily Capers on the Valor. It listed the concert, sporting event as well as the movies. Usually there were more "family" oriented movies playing during the day or earlier in the evening and more "adult" movies later in the evening.

I don't recall too much in the way of movies during the day either. It gets loud and boisterous on the deck with music playing, etc, so it would be hard to sit down and listen to a movie. Most I've seen during the day is news, sports, and I don't think they have sound playing. Movies tended to be just at night during quiet time up on deck.

Do they only play adult movies or do they offer kid shows as well? Wasn't sure if the time of day changed the programming...

Thanks in advance:)

Ok. I think they only play the "ADULT" movies on the swinger's cruise. LOL, Just kidding but I couldn't help myslef.

They play a mix of kids movies and grown up movies---but have yet to see the adult movie on the Seaside Theater;)

Look in the capers...that will let you know what movies are playing at night. There is now schedule for what they play durring the day, atleast none that I could find.

Last month on the Triumph they played news and nature scenes during the day. At night different concerts and movies. To me it was one of the best parts of the cruise. Movies under the stars (actually not stars, pretty crappy weather overall with rain and high winds) but enjoyed the big screen.

Don't get your expectations for movies too high, on the 2 cruises I was on which had the big screens I only noticed one family movie playing around 9:30 PM. The screen plays lots of excursion advertising and music concerts { Beach Boys type }...and I never found a schedule of what would play & when.

Bob

Ok...Good to know! Thanks!

They listed the Seaside Theater schedule in our daily Capers on the Valor. It listed the concert, sporting event as well as the movies. Usually there were more "family" oriented movies playing during the day or earlier in the evening and more "adult" movies later in the evening.

Thanks for the info...This is our first cruise ..Can't wait!:)

I don't recall too much in the way of movies during the day either. It gets loud and boisterous on the deck with music playing, etc, so it would be hard to sit down and listen to a movie. Most I've seen during the day is news, sports, and I don't think they have sound playing. Movies tended to be just at night during quiet time up on deck.

Thanks...!Which deck is it usually on? Being this is my first cruise, I am sure it will feel like a city when we walk on...

Ok. I think they only play the "ADULT" movies on the swinger's cruise. LOL, Just kidding but I couldn't help myslef.

They play a mix of kids movies and grown up movies---but have yet to see the adult movie on the Seaside Theater;)

Look in the capers...that will let you know what movies are playing at night. There is now schedule for what they play durring the day, atleast none that I could find.

I was waiting for that comment after I posted it and read it again...lol..Thanks for the info!

Last month on the Triumph they played news and nature scenes during the day. At night different concerts and movies. To me it was one of the best parts of the cruise. Movies under the stars (actually not stars, pretty crappy weather overall with rain and high winds) but enjoyed the big screen.

Great! I'm hoping for good weather...NY to Canada mid July...We'll see:)

Thanks...!Which deck is it usually on? Being this is my first cruise, I am sure it will feel like a city when we walk on...

It is on the top deck that is outdoors, which is why it gets busy when the sun is out and you are at sea. Bring a sweater for watching movies at night - it is very breezy on that deck.

You will be totally amazed by the ship. Hopefully you have a better sense of direction that I do. I've been on two ships and got off a week later with no idea how I got from point A to point B so I'm glad I've have someone with me LOL. Enjoy yourself.

We've watched Music of Andrew Webber, football games, Headline news, moring show with the cruise director amd movies like Night at the Museum and Paul Bart Mall Cop. So yes there is a great variety of programmming. In the afternoon it's mostly screensavers with background music for the lido deck unless theres something going on that they can show like deck activities.

Archived