Is there a secret to online booking?

ugh07

So when I try to book online with NCL the system gives me a choice of 5 or so cabins, then also gives me the choice to search for a cabin. Whatever cabin number I put in the search always comes up as not available because it is in a different category. Ive tried matching colors, non matching colors, etc. The system is annoying.

The message "not available because it is in a different category" is displayed whether the cabin is, in fact, in a different category (correct error message) or if the cabin is in the correct category but has already been booked by another passenger (incorrect error message). The online booking system used to distinguish between these two but currently doesn't. All I can suggest is trying various cabins of the correct category which you would be interested in booking. Some categories only have a few cabins (e.g. AC and SA) so may have all cabins already booked on some sailings.

You might want to call NCL and have them check which cabins are available in the category you are interested in.

As posted above the message can now mean the cabin is booked or you typed a number in a different category. What I do to find a specific cabin is open two web browsers;

First browser go to epic.ncl.com and select the deck plans; go to deck/category you are interested in booking.

Second browser go through your reservation at ncl.com up to selecting your cabin

If you do not see listed the cabin number(s) you are interested in then type away with cabin numbers that you are also interested in; if not all all are booked in that category then eventually a number will pop up.

Also I have found that the web site will not accept all discount codes. I have four different codes on my reservation and only one (Latitudes) actually will respond. You need a good PCC to get all your discounts.

By the way the upgrade sale going on right now is very good. On select weeks you can select category BI and the web site automatically moves you up to selecting a cabin in category BC. There is also an upgrade opportunity in the deluxe balconies.

Archived