Boarding Time

jaal02

Hi, Just double checking that it's OK to board around 12 noon. I called X and they said 1:30. I think I've read on these boards that boarding actually starts at 12. It's our first X cruise, 1/17, Solstice. Signed up for the connections party. Looking forward to a great cruise.

Hi, Just double checking that it's OK to board around 12 noon. I called X and they said 1:30. I think I've read on these boards that boarding actually starts at 12. It's our first X cruise, 1/17, Solstice. Signed up for the connections party. Looking forward to a great cruise.

If all goes smoothly with debarking the previous sailing, then boarding usually begins around 11:00-11:30am. They tell people 1:30 because there is no guarantee the prior sailing debarks smoothly, so they don't want people complaining about long waits if they show up at 11 and can't get on for 2-3 hours. Also, people's staterooms are not usually ready until about 1pm.Usually boarding does start around 11:00-11:30am though, so it is certainly a good idea to go early - just realize there is some risk of a long wait. The buffet will be open for lunch, some of the bars will be open, usually the pool is open and placed like the specialty restaurants will have people on duty to take reservations. It is also a good time to explore the ship since it will not be too full.

Have a great cruise! :)

We aim to arrive at the port around 10:30 a.m. We love to spend time exploring the public areas of the ship on embarkation day. In 17 cruises, I've almost always been on board before 12 noon.

Archived