info on Tobago?

sue in florida

Has anyone been to Tobago? I looked under ports of call and it is not listed. I am on the Constellation sailing January 31st and it goes to Tobago on Sunday Feb. 7th. Would appreciate any suggestions on what to do there.We are there from 8AM to 5PM. Thank you in advance.

Has anyone been to Tobago? I looked under ports of call and it is not listed. I am on the Constellation sailing January 31st and it goes to Tobago on Sunday Feb. 7th. Would appreciate any suggestions on what to do there.We are there from 8AM to 5PM. Thank you in advance.

Tobago is the smaller island making up the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. You may find helpful information in posts regarding Trinidad as well.

Hi,

It depends what you like to do.

Try http://www.visittobago.com where you will find lots of links for tours etc..

we were in tobago in mid-december. Our small group mixed with roll call members (24 in all) rented out Island girl catamaran. It was all you can drink and lunch with 2 snorkel stops. transportation both ways $85PP The staff was nice enough and accommodating.

However: the currents were EXTREMELY strong and couldnt snorkel in first stop. Second stop same thing..strong currents and murky waters..no fish. Crew should have known this and not bothered to stop. Sail back was nice and slow but we arrived late and now slightly worried we might be cutting it close to all-aboard. (arrived about 4..had to take dinghy from catamaran in 5 shifts..got back to pier 4:30pm ..all-aboard was 4:45pm)

Of all the catamaran excursions we have done (about 5 in diff islands) i rate this one the worst.

*sweet*

We went to Pigeon Point beach in December. It was nice, but that day the water was pretty rough, so the waves were strong and at high tide kinda flooded the beach. It's clean, there are chairs and food and bevs. It was about 20 minutes from the ship.

Did you take a taxi to Pigeon Beach? We are planning on going there when on the sumitt in march - we have thought about the ship tour to there but wondering what's included for $42 each - so may just take a cab. Do you remember the cost? Thanks. Vicky

vickykay, here's some info we found on Tobago. I agree with Sweet's review of the Island Girl and would stay away from this. A friend from our roll call went around on her own and got some beautiful shots of Tobago. I don't know where she went but they were beautiful. Here's some costs and another option for you to get to Bucco reef and Nylon Pool.

ON OUR OWN:

For a day in Tobago I usually recommend going to Pigeon Point. It's a nice beach with facilities lined with coconut trees and little shed's for you to keep your things. Lots of shade available if you wish. From there you can get glass bottom boat rides to buccoo reef and the nylon pool. Nylon pool is a shallow sand bank about half mile off shore. Entrance fee to Pigeon Point is about $3 to $4 U.S, Taxi to Pigeon Point will be $20 to $25 U.S for up to four people and boat to reef and nylon pool with snorkling gear will run you $10 to $15 U.S. (Dont be frighten to negotiate $$) When being quoted anything on the island make sure and ask if it's TT$ or U.S$. $1.00 U.S = $6.30 TT, they usually round it off to $6.00.

Frankie’s Tours

BUCCOO REEF TOUR WITH RUM OPTIONAL RUM PUNCH PARTY & BEACH BARBEQUE

Daily travel by glass bottom boat a mile off shore, to the Buccoo Reef, where the water is about 1 meter in depth. Local legend has it that you will become ten years younger when you swim in the Nylon Pool.

Next we move to the Coral Gardens & Reef Flat for fantastic snorkeling in rich underwater life.

On Wednesdays and Saturdays we extend this trip into a full day, with Beach Barbecue and Rum punch party on No man’s land.

Music, Limbo, Snorkel, Swim or just relax and ‘lime’ in the sun, to Steel Pan, Calypso and Reggae music; all you can eat & drink from local dishes & fruits. Large selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.

Tours includes transport from any part of Tobago.

All snorkeling equipment provided.

Half Day 10am-1.30pm

Cost:

$25 per person with hotel transfer

Full Day 10am-5.00pm Cost $65 US per person.

BG

BG

BG

Just back from the 1/2/10 sailing on the Millennium - on Tobago we did a private tour with Wayne Gray from Waynesworld tours. It was GREAT! $85 per person included lunch. We toured the entire island - Atlantic and Caribbean sides, stopping at a Argyle Falls, touring the rainforest and much more. Was worth the cost. Wayne is truly knowledgable.

Archived