Diving with RSSC

scuba dad

This is my first RSSC on the Voyager and I'm trying to plan my diving. I always book my own diving on the mass market cruises as I don't want to be on a cattle boat. I'm an advanced diver and don't want to play "follow the leader" or "first one up we are all up".

Does RSSC use the typical cattle boat or do they provide more of a "luxury" dive trip? I'm trying to decide if I need to book my own while on the Voyager or to use RSSC.

Any thoughts?

Have only been on one cruise that provided a dive opportunity (Grand Cayman on Mariner Panama Canal trip) didn't take a chance on ship- provided services so booked with the folks we had dived with before on Cayman. We knew that this operator allowed flexibility even with the silly restrictions imposed by many Cayman outfits.

Which dive locations will your itinerary be visiting? We took a Carribean trip a couple of years ago (usual Eastern Carribean stops) and didn't dive - had never found a land based operator we felt good about. Had done some liveaboard trips in the area, but that didn't help! Another issue is whether or not to haul gear along - a lot of weight for not too much use.

Just the standard GC and Cozumel which I have done many times before and pretty well know who I will use this time (but always open for new recommendations). I won't dive in Key West. I was just wondering if the ship provided tour was worth using to same me the hassel of booking land based.

Also have the opportunity of doing a night dive in Cozumel as the ship is in port over night.

We are local to the port so I will bring my own gear. That's the advantage of not having to fly to the port.

Archived