Maya Key or West Bay beach and Mayan Princess day pass?

dixie54

Well they are both beautiful. West Bay beach is a public beach dotted with condos, restaurants, shops, dive, shops while Maya Cay is a small private Island with restaurant, gift shop, beach. So basically on the Cay you don't have the variety of facilities to chose from. You can snorkel at both. There is a pool on Maya Cay. You pay one price to use the facilities there. At West Bay Beach you can go on your own by taxi and rent a chair if you wish, when you get there.

I guess the key is how many ships in port that day, right? On our day in Roatan, there will be 4 ships and 12,000 people. Guessing the West End/Bay beaches will be packed?!? I have yet to read a review saying Maya Key is packed, even with a lot of ships/peeps in port.

Of course, my family of 4 would cost (for transportation & entrance fees) $160 at Maya Key and less than half that at West End/Bay... but it might be worth it for the (relative) tranquility :o

Archived