No rooms at the Sheraton

1stimescardy

I agree with a previous poster. Go to priceline and bid for a four start or better. I have twice gotten the Carribe Hilton for $95.00. Nice hotel, last time they gave us a villa room, very nice and can't beat the price.

FYI.. for those choosing the Sheraton cause it is near the port. There are two ports in San Juan. If San Juan is one of the ports of call on your ship then it will stop at the port near the Sheraton. If your curise starts in San Juan you will be boarding at a different port..Pan Am Pier...

sanjuan.asp

That's not exactly true. The Victory sails out of San Juan and departs from the pier across from the Sheraton.

I agree with a previous poster. Go to priceline and bid for a four start or better. I have twice gotten the Carribe Hilton for $95.00. Nice hotel, last time they gave us a villa room, very nice and can't beat the price.

I love Priceline and recommend it in 95% of situations. Problem here is, I want to stay in Old San Juan specifically, and Priceline just has all of San Juan as one area. In a lot of cities they break it down much more specifically, but not in San Juan.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this possible? Seems like each hotel I have looked at thus far requires 2 nights? Given we will just be there for one night, we really wanted to be centrally located. If we can't find a hotel for one night, what other area of San Juan should we consider? People refer to the beach area? How far by taxi would that be to OSJ? More concerned about getting back to the hotel after a late dinner in OSJ....easy and safe to do? Thanks!

Is this possible? Seems like each hotel I have looked at thus far requires 2 nights? Given we will just be there for one night, we really wanted to be centrally located. If we can't find a hotel for one night, what other area of San Juan should we consider? People refer to the beach area? How far by taxi would that be to OSJ? More concerned about getting back to the hotel after a late dinner in OSJ....easy and safe to do? Thanks!

ddy123, there are certainly some hotels in OSJ that require two nights, but I have found quite a few that don't.

It might depend on the time of year, but I have no problem looking up just 1 night at the Sheraton Old San Juan, at Hotel Milano (though their website says that during the 'high season' (Dec-April) they may require two), at the Hotel Casablanca, or several others.

Archived