Capt. Byran's 9:30 Too Early???

cruizeblues

We will be arriving on the Mariner at 8:00 and would like to do the 9:30 Stingray City tour. Have read of others missing their tour because of tendering problems. Anyone out there have suggestions for getting to the early tour on time? This will be our first experience with tenders---don't know what to expect. Should I just book the 10:30 to be safe?

cruizeblues.....We were on the Mariner 1/2-1/9. We also were booked for the 9:30am trip with Capt. Bryans. We were supposed to check in at his "stand" by 8:45am. We did not get there until almost 9:30. The tenders were running late and we did not get on the first one. It was a very tense ride and walk to his location as we were so concerned about the time!! As it turned out, they did wait for us, however it may be because we were a group of 15 and there 4 other people from the Mariner that arrived with us also. When we got to his boat, there were already approx 10 people that were on there waiting for us. I have read that other people have not been as lucky as we were. I do know that there is a tour by Capt Bryan at 10:30am and if I had to do it again, I would take that one. It is only about a 10 minute ride to the catamaran.

The windjammer is very busy for breakfast that morning as EVERYONE is there and the lines to get on tenders are very long. Some of the people in our party also ordered room service for breakfast (the night before) and that way they could get ready and eat in their room and not fight the crowds in the windjammer. I wish I had done that!!

Thanks Kely! I just e-mailed the Buccaneer (10:30) to see if they had any openings. Less anxiety that way! I've been reading about the time difference between the ship and the island--that is a bit confusing:confused:

Did you go to 7-mile beach after your snorkling trip? What time is the last tender back to the ship?

It's great to be able to talk to someone who's "been there, done that!":)

I had read so much about 7 mile beach and would have loved to have gone there. Some of our group wanted to shop after Capt. Bryans. We didnt get back from Capt Bryans until around 12:45 so some went out to eat in a restaurant overlooking the ocean (a couple of blocks from where Capt Bryans drops you off). Other shopped and some went back to the ship, ate and sat by the pool. The last tender is at 3:30pm. There is a large line for tenders if you wait until 3:30pm. Keep in mind that you may be leaving an hour later than we did so you will probably not get back from the tour until 1:30

I just figured by the time we got a cab, got to the beach (there are lots of beaches listed on here), got situated on the beach, grabbed a bite to eat, it would be almost time to head back to the ship. I hope we go back to the caymans again, and this time my only destination will be 7 mile beach!!!

Thanks Kely for all of your help! I just booked the 10:30 tour--better safe than sorry. We may try to squeeze in an hour on 7-mile beach--the pictures that I have seen look awesome--and I am a real beach lover!

It's funny--we are planning the exact same excursions as you did--your posts have been very helpful! We are doing the falls and tubing in Jamaica, Stingray City in GC, and Paradise Beach in Coz!:) Did you do the Waterpark on Labadee? We are trying to decide if our kids (9 & 11) can do it on their own or if one of us should be with them to supervise? Did you notice if parents can watch from the beach?

I Can't wait for our cruise! It makes this miserable northeast weather more bearable while researching all of these tropical islands! Where in PA are you located? We live just over the border in NY--about 15 miles away from Hallstead, PA.

cruizeblues.....I live in Montrose PA....not far from you at all!!! Talk about a small world!!!

Our kids are in their 20's so we did not stay at the beach where the water toys are. But, we did see it and you can sit on the beach and view them without any problem. I have a map of Labadee if you are interested. When is your cruise? I have menus too. I have some of the compasses but not all. I am glad I could be of some help. I got so much advice on this website. Wish I had found it before my first cruise last June! Oh well!!

Montrose!! You're kidding:) We're neighbors! How do you like this crazy weather you came home to??? I keep looking at websites for the different islands that we will be visiting, gets me through the snow & freezing rain! We are leaving the Friday before Easter, I can't wait!

If you can scan the compasses & menus for me that would be great! My email is jmitchell@stny.rr.com We had all the compasses for our first cruise because my brother & SIL did the same cruise the year before us. It was really helpful to know what to expect ahead of time. Did anyone in your group have kids? Ours (9 & 11) will be with us--first time for them.

thanks again for all your help!

I will get my husband to scan them and send them to you. Might take a couple of days though.

I hate winter and it seems like it goes on and on around here.

The youngest we had in our group was a 16 year old. We had 6 in their twenties, and then 8 of us a bit older.....40's and 50's. First cruise for everyone except me, my husband and another couple.

We had gorgeous weather....80's from Florida, throughout the cruise and then back in Florida when we disembarked.

I bet your kids are excited....boy? girl? They seemed to have lots of activities for the kids.

One of each:) Boy-9 and girl almost 11! They can hardly wait! After hearing us talk about our first two cruises...they thought that we would never take them with us!

The only good thing about this weather is that I'm a teacher and we had a SNOW DAY on Friday! With Monday off for MLK day that makes a great 4-day weekend for me!:D

Archived