Why hasn't NCL stop at there private island?

Colts Fan1

I have been reading alot of reviews for Nov & Dec and now in Jan, where they have not stop at there private island. I will be awfully upset, :mad: if that is the case for our group in Feb. I understand that it has been the weather each time. But that is odd for the whole mth of December unable to stop at there island. Please let me know if this is true or not.

I have been reading alot of reviews for Nov & Dec and now in Jan, where they have not stop at there private island. I will be awfully upset, :mad: if that is the case for our group in Feb. I understand that it has been the weather each time. But that is odd for the whole mth of December unable to stop at there island. Please let me know if this is true or not.

I don't know if it's normal for so much bad weather at this time of year or not. But NCL will not send you over if they think the waves are too high to safely leave and re-enter the ship. It's a tender port, and you have to go from the ship to the tendering boat while out at sea. We went on a nice day, and the tender boat was moving around pretty good when I got on.

We were there last April on the Pearl. I loved the little island. Water was beautiful, but a little cold. You could see fish swim right up to you without even using snorkeling gear. It does get a little busy and the chair hogs are annoying. But, who cares it is vacation. The shopping sucked. I only purchased a keychain. Everything else was pricey and poor quality. I was relieved in a way cause it was our last stop, and the Visa needed a break by then anyway. I also felt very safe and secure since it was a private island, you only had other ncl guests there, so I wasn't super scared being a single lady w/ muy son. I would go back in a heartbeat.

MY tip would be not to waste time and get on an early tender and get the last tender back. Otherwise you won't get a chair/umbrella. Also the drinks were small compared to on the ship, so bring some bottled drinks form the ship over with you. They only offered water or tea with the lunch. Lunch was burgers, hotdogs, grilled chicken, fruit, and horrible potato salad. After 7 days of being gorged on food, it wasn't that serious - getting a mediocre meal. We more than made up for it the rest of the trip.:p

Archived