Extended Balcony

luving2cruise

There's a huge difference between regular balconies and the afts. We had a corner aft on the Glory and have one on the Victory next week. The one on the Glory was huge. We each had a lounge chair on it and there was still pleanty of room. It seems that it was at least 3x the size of a normal balcony.

You have more room from your cabin door to the railing. If you can get a wrap balcony (corner cabin), you end up with a ton of room. We had one on the Victory as well as the first cabin next to it on the starboard side. My daughter and I figured out that you could fit something like 22 people shoulder to shoulder at the rail of the combined balconies.

There's a huge difference between regular balconies and the afts. We had a corner aft on the Glory and have one on the Victory next week. The one on the Glory was huge. We each had a lounge chair on it and there was still pleanty of room. It seems that it was at least 3x the size of a normal balcony.

Thanks!:)

You have more room from your cabin door to the railing. If you can get a wrap balcony (corner cabin), you end up with a ton of room. We had one on the Victory as well as the first cabin next to it on the starboard side. My daughter and I figured out that you could fit something like 22 people shoulder to shoulder at the rail of the combined balconies.

Thanks!

We had an Aft Extended Balcony on the Sensation (same as what the Ecstasy has and absolutely loved it. Loved the views off the back, wasn't too windy since the breeze from the motion didn't get us. Everything about it was awesome!

We had an Aft Extended Balcony on the Sensation (same as what the Ecstasy has and absolutely loved it. Loved the views off the back, wasn't too windy since the breeze from the motion didn't get us. Everything about it was awesome!

Are the rooms any bigger with an balcony, i cruise several times in and OV?

Are the rooms any bigger with an balcony, i cruise several times in and OV?

The rooms with the added balconies (on the Fantasy class ships) are the same size as they were before. Basically they cut holes in the ship and welded on the balconies, that being the only additional square footage :)

Is an extended balcony worth $330? I have an obstructed 7A booked. This will be our first cruise so I have no idea how much time will be spent on the balcony, but there are four of us and from what I have read it seems there won't be room for all of us to sit out on the balcony at the same time.

Is an extended balcony worth $330? I have an obstructed 7A booked. This will be our first cruise so I have no idea how much time will be spent on the balcony, but there are four of us and from what I have read it seems there won't be room for all of us to sit out on the balcony at the same time.

I've only ever had one balcony. It was an extended aft on the victory. During that cruise I met a fellow CC'er who let me and DW check out her "regular" balcony. While they were both about the same length on the ship, the depth made a HUGE difference. On her balcony we had me, dw, CC'er, and her daughter and we were just standing. I was cramped and ready to go back in. I'm a skinny guy too so I don't need much room. On our extended balcony we had the same 3 adults plus 2 other adults and I was STILL able to stretch out on the lounge chair w/o feeling like I was ready to be pushed off the ship (even though it was mentioned heehee).

Our cruise was a simple 4 day to canada. even being the small cold cruise I STILL would have spent 330 more for the extra room. I believe it was about 200-250 difference when we booked between 8a and 8g. Our next cruise we are taking our 2 kiddos and I INSISTED on having an extended. I think the difference with 4 pax was about 500 between the one I got and the only other one I contemplated. And as a bonus the one I got was 6232 on the pride. Extra long "odd" balcony with extended.

So to make a long story short LOL I'd say unless you are strapped for cash (330 makes/breaks your finances) I'd go for it. I love sitting in comfort watching the waves and not feeling crowded.

And as a bonus the one I got was 6232 on the pride. Extra long "odd" balcony with extended.

So to make a long story short LOL I'd say unless you are strapped for cash (330 makes/breaks your finances) I'd go for it. I love sitting in comfort watching the waves and not feeling crowded.

LOL - yup that's the same cabin I'm contemplating on the Legend!

Archived