The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Hello Jan - by December we will be having COLD WEATHER - leave me with the summer - hurricanes and all for at least with hurricanes you know about where it is going to hit and with all the others, its a hit here, hit there and that is scary as the devil - will chat with ya when you get down here ok?

I know there are no guarantees because Mother Nature has been really wacky lately but how cold is the norm for Nov 29th???? I know last year was unseasonaby cold in Florida, but how cold is your usual cold? Are beach days over by the end of November?

I know there are no guarantees because Mother Nature has been really wacky lately but how cold is the norm for Nov 29th???? I know last year was unseasonaby cold in Florida, but how cold is your usual cold? Are beach days over by the end of November?

Peg it is so hard to predict - I have seen it so warm in Nov and Dec, we have used the a/c

and folks flocking to the beach and then so cold, folks dressed like we lived at the North Pole

Last year our real cold didn't hit until December 28 and it was a bitter one - even our snowbirds here were going home since in some places "home" was warmer than us.

My suggestion it to keep a watch on the weather reports in this area and you can at least get a general idea.

Good luck and lets hope for a warm winter

Thanks Shirley. At least I know there is a chance for warm weather. I'll wait until closer to the cruise to make definite plans. Does Nassau generally have the same weather as PC?

Let me make it super easy for you - go to post #295 and almost at the beginning I have different links for the weather here, Nassau etc and you can follow everything on those links. this way you can at least have an idea as to what you are facing - I know I really tried to warn folks how cold it was here and once here everyone was flocking to all the stores getting warmer clothing - for the first time in years, our stores were so low on winter clothes, they took the sales for off them -

Enjoy and keep in touch as it gets closer to your time to come down ok?

Hello Jan - by December we will be having COLD WEATHER - leave me with the summer - hurricanes and all for at least with hurricanes you know about where it is going to hit and with all the others, its a hit here, hit there and that is scary as the devil - will chat with ya when you get down here ok?

well i do prefer some COOL weather and i know the weather will be just FINE for us...i am 'predicting' that......lol...will be there precruise nite and then on our B2B stop so i will get to see a little of PC....

ya know where i will be the night before.....lol...well when i am not out trying to find some GOOD SHRIMP.....lol...

thanks SHIRLEY...have a GOOD one....it was over 100 here in the Mountain West yesterday...cooler 90 today:D

Shirley- I just wanted to thank you for pointing me in the direction of Mike and VIP Limo. He picked us up from the Freedom of the Seas on Sunday and was phenomenal. He called as we were walking through customs and it was an absolute breeze meeting up with him. I HIGHLY recommend him to everyone else!

Shirley- I just wanted to thank you for pointing me in the direction of Mike and VIP Limo. He picked us up from the Freedom of the Seas on Sunday and was phenomenal. He called as we were walking through customs and it was an absolute breeze meeting up with him. I HIGHLY recommend him to everyone else!

Great to hear, Lauren! We have a reservation with him for our trip in September. I am a little concerned, as our return flight leaves at 12:15.

What time was your departure flight?

What time did you get off the ship?

Did you do self-debark?

I would like to say to you and the rest of the gang that I sincerely and truly enjoy helping anyone through this board - I miss Preston who started the first thread for I enjoyed his humor, his knowledge and just him - I wished so much that he would have continued here for sometime I feel very guilty and sad that he didn't follow his thread that he started about 3 or so years ago.

I am not always right but I always try to prevent confustion especially for anyone coming here for the first time - I always leave the final decision to those who ask and another thing I will never recommend just one person/company, I will give you choices.

Cruise Critics has been excellent in allowing this thread to continue so that everyone feels like they are in a "safe zone" area and to them we all do owe a big thanks to.

Thanks for allowing me to help and I am so glad that Michael worked out for you. Mom and pop businesses are great. When I spoke to Mike at great lenght, I explained to him exactly what the cruisers expected and if there was a problem, he needed to address it right away along with all the others that I feel are high on the list. I know there are more out there, but the ones on the "list" are the ones that I have seen their preformance with their customers and guest.

Anyhow I will be doing another "upgraded" list since I have to change some stuff such as Melondie is no longer with 4 Points and is now at la Quinta on North Atlantic Avenue - she is a great GM and goes also the extra lenght to please her guest -

Enough said = glad I could help and hope your cruise was great and enjoyable.

come on back and we will still be here.

Blessings always

well i do prefer some COOL weather and i know the weather will be just FINE for us...i am 'predicting' that......lol...will be there precruise nite and then on our B2B stop so i will get to see a little of PC....

ya know where i will be the night before.....lol...well when i am not out trying to find some GOOD SHRIMP.....lol...

thanks SHIRLEY...have a GOOD one....it was over 100 here in the Mountain West yesterday...cooler 90 today:D

You know Star - being born and raised in Key West, I didn't know there were other types of shrimps except our delicious huge pink shrimps so saying that, Norm and I have found the shrimp dinners at florida Seafood and at Grills the best yet. They are called the Canaveral whites and I believe that is what is used more here than anything else. If you ever see "Pink Gold" Shrimps advertised -GO FOR IT - expensive but worth the monies.

Its been nice talking to you and take care - we hit 92 here today on the beach and without one breeze but I will keep it rather than the cold - you can enjoy the cool weather up your way :-))

Until next time - so long

Shirley -- as I read your comment about Melody not being at 4Point... I thought I'd let you know about my experience with the new general manager... although I cannot remember his name.

Last week, when we had some issues with our airline (flight canceled, moved to day of cruise, had to call airline and move back another day)... anyway, we ended up having to extend our pre-cruise stay 1 extra day (which we are totally loving the idea now after getting all the logistics figured out)... I had gotten a great early-pre-purchase rate at 4 Points by Sheraton for 1 night pre-cruise... but now the current rates were no where close to that rate that I a couple months ago. I called and was told that the suite that I had was not even available for the night before.... was told that I would have to check into 1 room and check out and check into a different room for the 2nd night... or to call back & talk to the GM. I did that... and he switched my suite (I was in a handicap accessible room, don't know why & didn't even realize it til then) and added the 2nd night FOR THE SAME PRICE!!! He definitely did not have to do this for me... since I was already locked into this hotel since my 1 night was already pre-paid & non-refundable. But I definitely got the feeling that he was there to make the customers happy!! :D Just thought I'd share!!

We are really looking forward to 2 full days pre-cruise to spend in Cocoa Beach!!

Shirley -- as I read your comment about Melody not being at 4Point... I thought I'd let you know about my experience with the new general manager... although I cannot remember his name.

Last week, when we had some issues with our airline (flight canceled, moved to day of cruise, had to call airline and move back another day)... anyway, we ended up having to extend our pre-cruise stay 1 extra day (which we are totally loving the idea now after getting all the logistics figured out)... I had gotten a great early-pre-purchase rate at 4 Points by Sheraton for 1 night pre-cruise... but now the current rates were no where close to that rate that I a couple months ago. I called and was told that the suite that I had was not even available for the night before.... was told that I would have to check into 1 room and check out and check into a different room for the 2nd night... or to call back & talk to the GM. I did that... and he switched my suite (I was in a handicap accessible room, don't know why & didn't even realize it til then) and added the 2nd night FOR THE SAME PRICE!!! He definitely did not have to do this for me... since I was already locked into this hotel since my 1 night was already pre-paid & non-refundable. But I definitely got the feeling that he was there to make the customers happy!! :D Just thought I'd share!!

We are really looking forward to 2 full days pre-cruise to spend in Cocoa Beach!!

Hello Angie,

I am so glad it all worked out so well for you - I made a copy of your note and sent it to Joe P. from the Radisson to make sure it got to the owner for his attention - the Radisson, 4 Points and Quality Suites are all sisters and all owned by the same person - this way the GM will get recognized for his efforts to please the customers - I will go by 4 Points and meet the new GM and again thanks for the feed back

Has anyone used Cocoa Beach Shuttle/Taxi lately? I will need transportation from the port to the airport only (disembarkment day). Do they offer this service, are they reliable, etc? I was sent some negative reviews from a friend and I am a little concerned. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks

We don't need to stay the night before the cruise. We wanted to drive down Sat. morning, park for the week, take a shuttle, then stay in the hotel the Sat. night when cruise returns. Will any hotels do that?

Great to hear, Lauren! We have a reservation with him for our trip in September. I am a little concerned, as our return flight leaves at 12:15.

What time was your departure flight?

What time did you get off the ship?

Did you do self-debark?

Angie- You'll be there in plenty of time! Our flight was at 12:01 and we were at Orlando airport by 8:30 (at the latest). We didn't do express departure, but we were in group #4. You shouldn't have a problem at all!

You know Star - being born and raised in Key West, I didn't know there were other types of shrimps except our delicious huge pink shrimps so saying that, Norm and I have found the shrimp dinners at florida Seafood and at Grills the best yet. They are called the Canaveral whites and I believe that is what is used more here than anything else. If you ever see "Pink Gold" Shrimps advertised -GO FOR IT - expensive but worth the monies.

Its been nice talking to you and take care - we hit 92 here today on the beach and without one breeze but I will keep it rather than the cold - you can enjoy the cool weather up your way :-))

Until next time - so long

well basically all i know about shrimp is i like battered or breaded the best

but Grills has been mentioned and that is where we might just have to try

THANKS AGAIN for all YOUR HELP!! YOU ARE A LIFESAVER here!!!

well actually we have been HOTTER than YOU...crazy weather...i want my SPRING back!!!

have a GOOD rest of the week!!

Edited by STARFISH*4

We don't need to stay the night before the cruise. We wanted to drive down Sat. morning, park for the week, take a shuttle, then stay in the hotel the Sat. night when cruise returns. Will any hotels do that?

Unfortunately Terryde, there are none that I know of in all of this area - now if you think about it, you can come in on Friday, spend the night, leave your car and I really believe you will look at a better deal money wise and if not, the only choice you have is to park at the terminal.

Sorreeeeeeeeeee :-(( I didn't have better news

Has anyone used Cocoa Beach Shuttle/Taxi lately? I will need transportation from the port to the airport only (disembarkment day). Do they offer this service, are they reliable, etc? I was sent some negative reviews from a friend and I am a little concerned. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks

Cruskitten - do a search on the CC board and then make the decision that best suits you.

Good luck and if we can help further, just drop on in :-)) and ask.

So if we do drive down Fri, stay in hotel that night prior to cruise, then we can park all week, use shuttle and not need to stay again the Sat night after the cruise? That would count for the package?

You got it girlfriend - look at post #295 and that will give you a whole lot of information that will help you with decisions.

Let us know what you decide ok?

thinking of staying at the one next to pier on Cocoa. It gets good reviews on TA, was wondering of any input here. TIA.

OMG You are talking about La Quinta on Henery St right? I LOVE LOVE that place well I did when I would take my granddaughter there sometimes on the weekend so we could have our play dates every few months - it is thisclose to the pier, we got the room that faced the ocean and would sit out there to watch the people play ball, surf, fish while eating junk stuff from the places/grocery stores. I have to go there every so often and still like the place. They have a great GM with quite the sense of humor and everybody needs that in this life. I went there one Sunday and the place had the greatest breakfast put out - I wanted to stay so bad, but that wouldn't have been nice - really? I believe you will really enjoy your stay - remember we don't have anything really fancy here, but for the time spent, it is nice - make sure you tell them you are from the board - they love to hear that.

Hope that helped some.

Have a great time getting ready for your vacation

OMG You are talking about La Quinta on Henery St right? I LOVE LOVE that place well I did when I would take my granddaughter there sometimes on the weekend so we could have our play dates every few months - it is thisclose to the pier, we got the room that faced the ocean and would sit out there to watch the people play ball, surf, fish while eating junk stuff from the places/grocery stores. I have to go there every so often and still like the place. They have a great GM with quite the sense of humor and everybody needs that in this life. I went there one Sunday and the place had the greatest breakfast put out - I wanted to stay so bad, but that wouldn't have been nice - really? I believe you will really enjoy your stay - remember we don't have anything really fancy here, but for the time spent, it is nice - make sure you tell them you are from the board - they love to hear that.

Hope that helped some.

Have a great time getting ready for your vacation

Thanks for the input, sounds like a great place and we are not too concerned about any noise from bands at the pier. We would be there mid-September. DW and I looking for 2-3 days pre-cruise beach time, rather then staying at one of the pier. We have also considered Melbourne but not really looked too much at properties there. Thanks again.

Thanks for the input, sounds like a great place and we are not too concerned about any noise from bands at the pier. We would be there mid-September. DW and I looking for 2-3 days pre-cruise beach time, rather then staying at one of the pier. We have also considered Melbourne but not really looked too much at properties there. Thanks again.

Check this site out

http://space.coast.hotelguide.net/hl1mb.htm

and also you are most welcomed

Edited by snelsonbrown

Shirley...I have friends leaving from Port Canaveral who will probably be staying at the Radisson, pre cruise...they are sushi lovers..any suggestions where to send them for dinner? I would love if the Radisson shuttle could get them there..so location is an issue. They are trying to avoid renting a car and will have a limo service drop them at the Radisson post flight to MCO.

Thanks.:)

Edited by Bakincakes