The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Hey there Preston - I am glad that you told me this and yes I do have a few listed, but the one that has become so popular for cost, driver's politeness, etc is AAA Taxi - I did check them out after I had done an update - they can email for information at info@aaataxionline.com or website at http://www.AAAtaxionline.com/

Since my dad was a cab driver many many years ago, I can understand the importance of losing in a place in line.

NOW this is only for taxi service for you do have other choices on post 862 for taxi and shuttles

Hope that this will help everyone

Any opinions?

Any opinions?

If you are asking about Art's Shuttle, they do not exist as such any longer - they were purchased out by Travelynx which is a good company and reliable.

Did I answer your question or did I miss something and if I did, I am so sorry so just repost ok?

Here you go - I know folks that have used and LOVED it - found they could travel at a low price, chat with folks that were on the bus and have a chance to just kinda look around here -

Keep us posted ok?

LOCAL TROLLEY/BUS INFORMATION

http://routefinder.ridescat.com

I am not aware of any internet cafes. I think the library is the best bet. There are a number of wi fi hot spots, even McDonalds.

Thank you both for all the information. So we could call a taxi to take us to the library and then hop on Route 4 - 520 Connector Westbound to Walmart and Merritt Square Mall. This this correct? Can we purchase take-out beer at either of these places?

Thank you both for all the information. So we could call a taxi to take us to the library and then hop on Route 4 - 520 Connector Westbound to Walmart and Merritt Square Mall. This this correct? Can we purchase take-out beer at either of these places?

Wal Mart has beer and wine.

If you are asking about Art's Shuttle, they do not exist as such any longer - they were purchased out by Travelynx which is a good company and reliable.

Did I answer your question or did I miss something and if I did, I am so sorry so just repost ok?

Thanks for your response Shirley. I checked on the Travelynx site and guess we'll try contacting them for an estimate. We will be parking our car at a friend's condo - Canaveral Sands Condo on Ridgeway - so, will need to be picked up there and transferred to where NCL docks at Port Canaveral and then, two weeks later, do the reverse. Do you think Travvelynx or one of the cab companies might be a better - promptness, cost -

Thanks for your response Shirley. I checked on the Travelynx site and guess we'll try contacting them for an estimate. We will be parking our car at a friend's condo - Canaveral Sands Condo on Ridgeway - so, will need to be picked up there and transferred to where NCL docks at Port Canaveral and then, two weeks later, do the reverse. Do you think Travvelynx or one of the cab companies might be a better - promptness, cost -

A cab might be easier. That way you will not have to wait or possibly make any more stops. You will be very close so the taxi will not cost much. By the way do you mean Ridgewood?

Edited by psbcap

A cab might be easier. That way you will not have to wait or possibly make any more stops. You will be very close so the taxi will not cost much. By the way do you mean Ridgewood?

Eeck!!! Yes, I should have written Ridgewood - boy, I can just myself giving a taxi co. wrong information - bye, bye cruise!!!

I'm a little confused on the taxi situation for the return. Do I understand from other postings that if we just happened to choose a taxi that was there at the port, the charge might be higher than if we called for one?

Eeck!!! Yes, I should have written Ridgewood - boy, I can just myself giving a taxi co. wrong information - bye, bye cruise!!!

I'm a little confused on the taxi situation for the return. Do I understand from other postings that if we just happened to choose a taxi that was there at the port, the charge might be higher than if we called for one?

That is correct. Get the number of the company that takes you to the ship and call them for the return.

You guiys are wonderful! The amount of information that you've compiled and the help you give are really appreciated.

I've copied your taxi info. and we'll probably use AAA or Yellow Cab.

We live in Longwood and may drive overr next weekend for a 'reconnaissance' mission and would love to have a great seafood lunch. I've been checking out your restaurant recommendations - do either of you have a favorite?

You guiys are wonderful! The amount of information that you've compiled and the help you give are really appreciated.

I've copied your taxi info. and we'll probably use AAA or Yellow Cab.

We live in Longwood and may drive overr next weekend for a 'reconnaissance' mission and would love to have a great seafood lunch. I've been checking out your restaurant recommendations - do either of you have a favorite?

You cannot go wrong at the port. Fish Lips, Grills, Rusty,s and Milikens. All on the water and all good. I will say I was at the CB pier at Aw Shucks and their Buffalo Shrimp was great.

Shirley,

the Radisson shuttle is filled and we dont want to go later in the day to the PORT....can we just get a taxi in the morn to take us to the port?

THANKS

You can and its only a couple of miles. I would reserve a cab the night before.

You can and its only a couple of miles. I would reserve a cab the night before.

Dang it Preston YOU ARE ALWAYS RIGHT ON THE MONEY - love ya for being my best bud/partner on here - thanks for being there when I am out in left field playing :)

I know that Michael charges $50.00 to pick up folks at the Melbourne Airport with uniform chauffeur driving a new Lincoln Town car and to the Orlando airport same thing but for $75.00 with no hidden fees - please post and let us all know how it goes ok?

With sincere pleasure

Is that a per person or per car rate?

Managed to get ahold of Micheal and answer my own question. Here is the price quote in case anyone else needs info.

Jan 9-transportation from Carnival Dream to Melbourne airport.

Town Car for 2 people - $50

Limo price for 2 - $70

There is so much helpful information on this thread and apologies if this question has been asked before.

We will arrive into Orlando airport and are staying at the Radisson at the port. I will have elderly parents with me and after a transatlantic flight we will all want to get to the hotel as quickly as possible. Car rental is not an option. There will be three of us.

Can we just jump into a taxi cab at the airport or do we need to pre-book a shuttle or car service? Is there much difference in the cost of the various options?

Many thanks!

A taxi cab from MCO to the Radisson at the port will be very expensive. A shuttle service may not be a good idea if you want to go straight to your hotel. I recommend private towncar service. Contact viplimo@screenstar.com Michael charges $79 for 3 people in a towncar from MCO to port canaveral area and is great service. Email him now and he will reserve your car. Hope this helps.

We will be arriving in Port Canaveral on Thanksgiving day to leave out on the Dream on Saturday. Will any resturants be open that day?

Where would be the best place to maybe get in some black friday shopping? We will be driving down so we'll have a car. We're staying at Country Inn and Suites at the port.

thanks for all the great information.

Patty

You cannot go wrong at the port. Fish Lips, Grills, Rusty,s and Milikens. All on the water and all good. I will say I was at the CB pier at Aw Shucks and their Buffalo Shrimp was great.

Lordie, I am now officially hungry!!

There is so much helpful information on this thread and apologies if this question has been asked before.

We will arrive into Orlando airport and are staying at the Radisson at the port. I will have elderly parents with me and after a transatlantic flight we will all want to get to the hotel as quickly as possible. Car rental is not an option. There will be three of us.

Can we just jump into a taxi cab at the airport or do we need to pre-book a shuttle or car service? Is there much difference in the cost of the various options?

Many thanks!

Its 45 miles and a taxi will be at least $100