The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

I'm reading my way through this thread... but I have a question

We're going to be taking the train (not auto train) into Orlando, and need to get from the train station to a Disney resort, to the port and back to the train...

I'm afraid a towncar for 3 of us, and ALL of our luggage, would be too small.

What alternatives do we have? Don't think I want to rent a car - don't want the hassle of returning it at either end.

Check with Michael at viplimo. The link to their website is on here multiple times if you do a search. We are bringing Amtrak to Orlando in a couple weeks for a cruise, and are using their service for pick up at the train station and then on to Cocoa Beach, and for return to the Orlando station after the cruise. They have a variety of different types of vehicles to accomodate you and have been very helpful to us thus far. I've read good things about them on this forum.

Good morning everyone,

I know I am late, but just wanted to take this time to sincerely wish everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and may this year bring everything good to each of you.

If you will check the link below, it has a lot of answers for a lot of questions and also email addresses for a number of places you may have an interest in -

Take care, lots of blessings to all and come on down for the weather is FINALLY great :)

I have several questions since our cruise is approaching and i have time on my hands!

Thank you for the info! I called a few cab companies from your list on page 1 and the rate of a cab is $8 to $16! I was thinking of some exercise time before the cruise! LOL!

What is the earliest time we can take a cab to the Freedom? The week before 3/20 our week, the freedom is dry docked. I was thinking, we might be allowed to arrive early because there will be no traffic to fight with? What do you think on a normal week and the dry dock week?

Where would you eat to watch the ships sail on Saturday and time?

Thanks!!! This is an awesome thread!

Chuck

Chuck I just got back from Cancun so sorry for the delay. No info on dry dock but early boarding is usually around 11. As for Saturday there is no bad choice in the port. I like Milikens.

Edited by psbcap

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I am looking for reasonably priced parking at Port Canaveral. We are sailing on Disney Magic on Jan 29 and will have 2 cars. One will be a rental and we will just return it. The other will be our own car since we are in Florida for the winter months. I have found parking for $9.50 at the Cruise N Fly and at the port for $12. Is there anything else or is that it?

The port is now $15. Many hotels will allow free parking with a nights stay.

Edited by psbcap

So, we're thinking of staying at the Courtyard Cocoa Beach based on what we've read on here...their Snooze & Cruise rate is really good.....but they are 1/2 mile from Publix. We will be going there to get supplies for the cruise. I would walk it, my partner would not. I looked on google maps...doesn't look that bad...anyone done this? What about staying at hotel right across the street from Publix?

Its an easy walk or a short cab ride.

Good morning everyone,

I know I am late, but just wanted to take this time to sincerely wish everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and may this year bring everything good to each of you.

If you will check the link below, it has a lot of answers for a lot of questions and also email addresses for a number of places you may have an interest in -

Take care, lots of blessings to all and come on down for the weather is FINALLY great :)

I second the HNY to you Shirley and all on the board. I came back from Cancun yesterday. It took 7 hours for a 1.5 hour flight. Felt like I was at Disney. Customs and security on both ends was a zoo!

Chuck I just got back from Cancun so sorry for the delay. No info on dry dock but early boarding is usually around 11. As for Saturday there is no bad choice in the port. I like Milikens.

Preston! Happy New Year! I hope you has a great time in Cancun!!

Thanks for the response! I will take your advice back to the DW!

I decided to take a cab to the pier early on Sunday! I heard they will let the cab in as early as 9:30?

We are less than 83 days until our trip!

Bye for now!

Chuck

Preston! Happy New Year! I hope you has a great time in Cancun!!

Thanks for the response! I will take your advice back to the DW!

I decided to take a cab to the pier early on Sunday! I heard they will let the cab in as early as 9:30?

We are less than 83 days until our trip!

Bye for now!

Chuck

Chuck if you go there at 9:30 you will have a long wait with nothing to do. It is not like an airport. There is nothing in the terminal. I would stay at the hotel for a while.

Thought I would throw out a huge plug for the Country Inn and Suites- Cape Canaveral...and their Stay and Cruise Package.

We just returned from a 4 nighter on the Monarch of the Seas, and used them for the park while you cruise plan...Bud Burch is indeed a fantastic manager, and replied to my emails very quickly and it was a plaeasure to meet him after our cruise to say hi. The hotel is in great shape, and everyone involved with the hotel was great, from the front desk, to the breakfast staff, to the van drivers to and from the port. Every aspect of our stay there was fine, and we will be using them again in June. Very organized program for the shuttle system...

David:D

....that is open in middle of week.

Stopping at Port Canaveral soon on The Pride, renting a car (per PSBCAP recommendation that was successful last time)....and willing to go up to 60 or so miles.

May not exist, but lemme try !!!!!

....that is open in middle of week.

Stopping at Port Canaveral soon on The Pride, renting a car (per PSBCAP recommendation that was successful last time)....and willing to go up to 60 or so miles.

May not exist, but lemme try !!!!!

The only ones that I know are the ones in St. Cloud and Kississimmi maybe about 5 to 10 of them - I am giving you a link so you can check it out. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

http://www.192fleamarketprices.com/

Just wanted to give you a heads up to those interested - the new ship of DCL Disney Dream is due to arrive within the next 15 minutes - lot of action going on at the port this morning - lit up like a Christmas tree - watch the news for more details :)

Just wanted to give you a heads up to those interested - the new ship of DCL Disney Dream is due to arrive within the next 15 minutes - lot of action going on at the port this morning - lit up like a Christmas tree - watch the news for more details :)

Shirley you are right. I can see it from my office and with helicopters overhead she looks pretty.

They just lit off a bunch of fire works from the ship. Pretty amazing!

Edited by psbcap

I will be going into Port Canaveral in a few months and read that no matter what room I book for the Radisson and COuntry inn I can leave my car for free? Is that true? I thought I had to book the cruise package, which is more expensive.

I will be going into Port Canaveral in a few months and read that no matter what room I book for the Radisson and COuntry inn I can leave my car for free? Is that true? I thought I had to book the cruise package, which is more expensive.

I would call them direct but I think its any room.

The Radisson is free parking no matter what type room you book, but I believe Country Inn and Suites does charge a small amount for the shuttle.

Cannot wait for May........sooooo excited!!!!!!

Chuck if you go there at 9:30 you will have a long wait with nothing to do. It is not like an airport. There is nothing in the terminal. I would stay at the hotel for a while.

Preston, The last time we were there, they had chairs and FREE beverages and cookies. I would be going crazy at the hotel; so I was thinking might as well be at the pier than at the hotel?? We are Diamond C&A members. Does that help?

Thanks!

I think we're on the same cruise FOS 3/27. Being as the ship is in drydock the prior week I was thinking embarkation will be a breeze since no passengers are coming off. Maybe it won't be such a long wait??

Just wanted to add my sons experience today with Avis.

When their ship (CCL Pride) ported today they called Avis and it took 45 minutes for them to get there.

Since i used them in the past and had no problems i recommeded them and feel embarassed now.

They said they were not very happy along with the other people who also rented from Avis.

Bill

Just wanted to add my sons experience today with Avis.

When their ship (CCL Pride) ported today they called Avis and it took 45 minutes for them to get there.

Since i used them in the past and had no problems i recommeded them and feel embarassed now.

They said they were not very happy along with the other people who also rented from Avis.

Bill

Oh gosh, that doesn't make me feel good. We have a reservation with them for our upcoming cruise transportation. We will have our 1 year old with us and I can guarentee he will not be happy waiting 45 minutes. Hopefully the problem gets fixed!!

We will be in your neck of the woods in less than a month (woohoo), and we plan to rent a car from MCO.

Are there still "real" tollbooths, payable in cash all the way to the coast, or are there any cashless tollbooths that I might get dinged at?? (I tried the links for the tollroad info on post 862, but they are not working for me)