Camp Carnival question....

cbressler76

I signed my boys up for Camp Carnival online, but I am confused as to what I should do next. Do they have a specific time that I should go on sail away day to make sure that they are signed up? Or should I just take them the next day and they will give me a beeper then? I have two boys.... 4 and 7. Thank you!

Whatever is easier for you. On sailaway day, they have a quick Orientation where they hand out the beepers. You can go then and get your beeper. When you are walking up the gangway to get on the ship, usually a member of the camp carnival staff is there to put the muster station braclets on the kids. At that time they can also hand you your first camp carnival caper for Day 1 - check that schedule for the Orientation time.

Or just ask the camp staff what time Orientation is. And what lounge its being held in.

If you miss orientation....usually there is some sort of "open house" the first night.

And if all else fails - just get one the next morning. :)

Whatever is easier for you. On sailaway day, they have a quick Orientation where they hand out the beepers. You can go then and get your beeper. When you are walking up the gangway to get on the ship, usually a member of the camp carnival staff is there to put the muster station braclets on the kids. At that time they can also hand you your first camp carnival caper for Day 1 - check that schedule for the Orientation time.

Or just ask the camp staff what time Orientation is. And what lounge its being held in.

If you miss orientation....usually there is some sort of "open house" the first night.

And if all else fails - just get one the next morning. :)

Thank you so much!!!

The Camp staff is usually there when you board. They have info about the time to meet the first night, etc.

I do recall seeing atleast 2-3 staff members on the other side of the Boing machine when we went on our first cruise with our DD. I don't recal if they were there on our second as we didn't have either child with us. I was under the impression they are there during boarding on all cruises regardless of time of year. That way the parents can get the capers as soon as they board and know when the orientation is.

Michele, were they there when you guys got on the tiumph? I was a little overwhelmed with the thoughts of a cruise vacation w/o any kids to remember LOL.

Michele, were they there when you guys got on the tiumph? I was a little overwhelmed with the thoughts of a cruise vacation w/o any kids to remember LOL.

Yep, they were right on the gangway when we boarded. They put the muster braclets on the kids and I grabbed the welcome capers there. Then it was up to the pool deck where I met some really strange people. :eek: ;);););)

Yep, they were right on the gangway when we boarded. They put the muster braclets on the kids and I grabbed the welcome capers there. Then it was up to the pool deck where I met some really strange people. :eek: ;);););)

I know!! some of the people you meet on cruises just blow your mind! Especially when they come up to you and start blabbing at you because the door knob was tired of hearing their voice!

As far as the braclets, I know Brooke didn't get hers until muster drill on our first sailing so it's good to know that they do that right away too.

Last month on the Elation there was no one from any area of the ship near the gangway. You actually entered on deck 4 and there was one staff member standing by the elevator bank who was answering questions. We found our way to the lido for lunch. After lunch worked our way to guest services were there just happened to be a staff member of Camp Carnival standing around. She directed us to the camp (straight up the elevators). So we went up and finally finished the registration for DS, got the schedule, and got DS the wrist band mid-afternoon embarkation day.

I signed my boys up for Camp Carnival online, but I am confused as to what I should do next. Do they have a specific time that I should go on sail away day to make sure that they are signed up? Or should I just take them the next day and they will give me a beeper then? I have two boys.... 4 and 7. Thank you!

Where do you sign up your child(ren) online? This will be my first cruise with a child and I want to make sure I get him into Camp Carnival.

• 1 month later...

You can sign up your child on carnival's website. When you look at your cruises,there is a spot for plan activities towards the bottom that you clikc. The in the activities section, at the bottom right is the youth program which states "click here to register" Register your child and you can go to the orientation but you dont have to. You can pick up pager on the first night or whe you first sign in your child. They have a limited number and usually only for parents of 2-5yr old group.

Where do you sign up your child(ren) online? This will be my first cruise with a child and I want to make sure I get him into Camp Carnival.

You won't have any issue "getting him into camp;" the ship knows the number and ages of the kids and have the staff set accordingly. We have done everything from pop by camp around 1 after boarding and lunch and filled out papers then, to dropped by for a few minutes at orientation just to complete the paperwork.

I have never registered mine on line because they are in the room with my mom, and she is not the one taking them and picking them up. But it is there, under "My Reservation."

• 1 month later...

You can sign up ahead of time but honestly it's really easy to just pop in the first day of your cruise when they're having, "open house" and fill in the forms quickly. You need to pop in anyway to show your child(ren) the camp and pick up the capers (aka schedule of events).

You can sign up ahead of time but honestly it's really easy to just pop in the first day of your cruise when they're having, "open house" and fill in the forms quickly. You need to pop in anyway to show your child(ren) the camp and pick up the capers (aka schedule of events).

We will be on the Carnival Paradise and have the early seating for dinner. I have noticed on previous Carnival Capers that CC orientation is usually set for 7pm on the first night. I really don't want to have to rush through dinner so do you know if they offer another time for orientation? :o

We will be on the Carnival Paradise and have the early seating for dinner. I have noticed on previous Carnival Capers that CC orientation is usually set for 7pm on the first night. I really don't want to have to rush through dinner so do you know if they offer another time for orientation? :o

On the imagination it ran for several hours on the first afternoon and again that evening. It seemed pretty much that you could pop by any day of your cruise and do the paperwork though.

I to have registered my kids online ages 12 and 13 for circle C. The capers or funtimes for the Splendor that I have seen on line hav an 8pm registration/first meeting we have an 8:15pm dining time. How did others get this done and get to dinner on time? I told my husband that I would take the kids and meet him in the dining room as soon as were were done, I just hate being late for anything.

Similar to the OP who was on the Elation, we didn't see any staff when we boarded Elation either. My kids didn't get their wristbands until the muster drill. And orientation was really not very organized. I wouldn't call it an orientation; no one went over anything. We were just handed the form to fill out and then directed to the appropriate place for the different age groups. In Carnival's defense, this was during Spring Break and there was a huge number of kids on board, so it may have been logistically impossible to have a staff member waiting with wrist bands or to have an orientation where times, rules, and questions are gone over.

I did sign 2 of my 3 kids up on line before we sailed (the website for some reason wouldn't let me sign up the last one) and it was much easier. Especially since it was Spring Break, the Camp staff had the list of children already registered and they just highlighted the name when you checked in that first night. It saved some time.

You don't have to go to the orientation. It's good info the first time, but if you miss it don't worry. You can read the info and ask the staff if you have any questions. It is beneficial if you have reluctant kids because the staff will pump them up. If your kids are excited about camp, the I wouldn't bother.

First, unless i'm doing it wrong, registration online is just printing up the forms and printing them out to hand to the counselors.

Second, I only went to the orientation the first time I took DD on a cruise. They normally have an "open house" on embarkation day where you can tour the area and I normally drop off the forms then. Of course, this last time, the counselor there told me to return for the Welcome Aboard Party, she was quite rude about it as well. Anyway, went at 7 PM, dropped the paperwork off with the staff at the table, got the schedule and left. That was a first for me and it was on my comment card. I wish I got the girls name. My DD enjoyed Camp Carnival anyway and the counselors she had were great.

• 2 months later...

How long does the orientation last? Is it held in the camp carnival area or in a conference lounge? And do the kids stay with us the entire time or do they play in the play area during this time? Just curious 'cause I've already signed ds up online and have forms printed out. Not sure how ds will take being away from us so soon after being in a new and strange environment.... :rolleyes:

How long does the orientation last? Is it held in the camp carnival area or in a conference lounge? And do the kids stay with us the entire time or do they play in the play area during this time? Just curious 'cause I've already signed ds up online and have forms printed out. Not sure how ds will take being away from us so soon after being in a new and strange environment.... :rolleyes:

It is done different ways - I think largely depending on how many kids they expect. It is often around 5 pm - which might interfere with sailaway if you are going out of a port like New York or JAX where there are sights to see like the statute of libery or going under a bridge. They stay with you during the time of orientation - usually takes 30 mintues. I went to the first one, and then none thereafter. Just pop in to get the Capers and register.

If you don't make it, you can always do it when you first take the child to camp. Camp is usually open the first night around 7 - don't think they do dinner the first night. On our last cruise from NY, this was when I registered my 6 yo.

Archived