Aft cabin balcony- noisy? dirty?

MaiTaiMary

We just upgraded to a aft extended balcony cabin. Now I'm reading a lot about how noisy and dirty they are.:(

Any thoughts on this?

Is the noise from the water or .... ? I'm hoping to relax out here a lot and read. Somebody please tell me it's not too noisy for that! :D

Why are these balconys so dirty? :confused:

Been in 3 (or is it 4?) aft balconies. we've fallen in love with them. Less wind, more space.

Never had a problem with either noise or dirt. I do try not to be immediately below the pool or sports deck, but that would apply to any room.

We just upgraded to a aft extended balcony cabin. Now I'm reading a lot about how noisy and dirty they are.:(

Any thoughts on this?

Is the noise from the water or .... ? I'm hoping to relax out here a lot and read. Somebody please tell me it's not too noisy for that! :D

We have sailed in aft wraps on 6 of our 8 cruises.. noise would be from the water.. wake if you are out there while sailing.. any other noise would be from the thrusters while pulling into or out of port...the dirt could be anything I have seen cig butts.. someones hat.. a dead bird.. umbrellas from drinks.. but that is always cleaned up once the steward cleans your room.. some people complain of soot.. never had an issue with that..

WHY are they so dirty.. well with some of the items I mentioned above it is because your beloved passengers can't read and decide to throw things overboard ..it was very windy and a pax lost their hat... as for the dead bird.. well that was a freak of nature.. poor bird!!!

Tried an aft cabin expecting to like it but I didn't. I did like the extra roominess but there is this light that shines on those cabins at night. I couldn't really see the stars or water because of that light and it annoyed me. I won't book one again.

:confused: hmm... that's the first time I read about that.

Did anybody else experience this?

Well, overall it seems that the aft cabins are desireable! :D I'm just a little nervous that I made a bad move, but I think we'll like it.

It was only $40 to upgrade from a 8B cabin to the aft extended balcony cabin, so we took it!

We have 4 sea days so we do plan on spending some time out there. :)

Been in 3 (or is it 4?) aft balconies. we've fallen in love with them. Less wind, more space.

Never had a problem with either noise or dirt. I do try not to be immediately below the pool or sports deck, but that would apply to any room.

I second that (see signature).

They are the ultimate cruising experience:D.

Like everything else, it is a matter of preference.

I had an aft cabin on the main deck of the Legend and absolutely loved it. We never had any problems with trash on our deck, and may have seen a few flakes of soot but that would be it. It was amazing to sit out and look at the wake whenever we were leaving port. There is no breeze though, which some people like. I like a bit of breeze so we are trying a side balcony this time around.

I experienced an aft balcony on the Destiny and the Legend and loved both. No excessive noise, no blinding light, some soot which was washed off in port, plenty of room for storage of hard sided (water tight) luggage. THE VIEW, THE VIEW, THE VIEW! Upon entering the port of St. Lucia the ship performed a 180 degree turn before docking. What a view of the port/island. There is some rocking/rolling at night that rocked me to sleep at night. When I got home I missed the rocking and had a problem falling to sleep.

Any thoughts on this?

Many complaints about aft balcony noise and dirt are made by people like me. We love aft balconies and don't want them sold out so soon!:D:D

I had the aft wrap on deck 8 on the Spirit and never had an issue with ciggy butts or trash. Yes, there is soot on the rail, but the CS cleans it every day.

Some people do not care for the vibration, but I find it comforting. Other things that some list as cons is the lack of privacy, but that is only when you stand at the rail. The other is the lack of roofline, but on the Spirit itinerary, there is not much rain. I'm trying the deck 4 aft wrap this year.

On the Triumph, try to snag cabin 8430 or 8435. These are the only two that are not only deeper, but 1/3 wider than all of the other "regular" afts!

We have booked this location (different cabin #) on the Freedom. If they were so bad, why would I book a year in advance to get one? (For the third time!);)

Had an aft on the Liberty three years ago and booked one on the Victory next week. LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!!! Oh did I mention I loved

it :D. It will be what you make of it. Go in with a positive attitude and you it will be all you want it to be. ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!!!

We had an aft balcony dead center on deck four in Nov on the Spirit. We noticed a lot of vibration while sailing on the way down to Acapulco. Wasn't something that kept me awake or made me not want to be in the cabin. Sort of felt like riding a train. Strangely after we started heading north from Acapulco it went away.

Didn't really notice to much vibration in the deck 4 aft wrap we had on the Miracle in February, but we were sailing with only one working azipod so maybe that made a difference. We'll have the same aft wrap on the Spirit in April so I'm interested to see what the vibration is like after our experience in Nov.

Archived