Meet & Greet

bonniltc

What were the most "fun" things that you did for your Meet & Greet?

We are planning one for our October Med. Cruise on the Gem. We have a great group of people & I want to make sure that they have a great time, so please help me out with your ideas.

Thank you!

Bonni:)

Hard to do too much. A few notes from past ones.

On one, a member of the roll call volunteered the use of the Garden Villa for the meet. We had each couple bring a mystery gift from home and we traded them out. Had 100+ in the villa.

On another, everyone met and one couple brought frozen ice cream from home. A few other small gifts came.

Would be difficult to do any games I think. Sort of a meet and greet as the name says, then the staff says hello and talk a bit.

On my last cruise...we had 2 meet and greets. The first, on the first sea day, we had a poker/cabin crawl. If you wanted to participate there was a "donation" of $5 each. Each one of us purchased a deck of cards from our hometown/state. Then we laid the cards out on our beds or whereever and we went from cabin to cabin to see what the different catergory cabins looked liked and then at the end we went back to the aft pool deck and the best poker hand won. There were 17 cabins participating.... We had an aft wrap around, and so did someone else on a different deck...so these 2 were the most popular. But everyone just popped in quick, grabbed a card and waited in the hallway for the next cabin.

Then on the 2nd sea day, we had another meet and greet with the Cruise directer and some of the crew in one of the lounges....where they had a Q&A and some prizes were given out. It was very interesting.

Both were great!!

We usually have name tags -- you put the person's real name in large print & their cc name underneath so you can match a face to a name.

There's not that much you can do. The "fun" is simply meeting those you have been with for a few months on these boards.

Wow-wish I was on the garden villa cruise with the poster above! That's a lot of people, but sounds fun!

I think the poker runs sound fun, but think it would be nice to do a standard M&G ahead of time for people that might be more private and not want to do a cabin crawl type thing.

Have a great time, OP!

Yes, we did meet and chatted for about a half hour to 45 min. prior to the poker run, then when we were ready to do the poker run, those who did want to participate left and those who wanted to see some or all of the cabins without including their cabin were welcome, but most people didn't mind showing their cabins off!

The lady (Jen) who set up our last Meet and Greet had us each take a few skittles (and not eat them!) Each color corresponded to a topic about yourself, like "What is your favorite sport?"; "Tell us something interesting about yourself"; "Where is your favorite vacation spot?" They were great icebrakers and we had a lot of laughs (and DH got to talk about his favorite topic...skijoring.

Barb

Archived