SOE-Update- January 2005

RuffinReady

Thanks for posting. It appears that there won't be that much difference in the Prinsendam since they will retain the library, Internet center, Java Cafe, and will have no kids center. I guess it's size makes it difficult/impossible to achieve. I'm also guessing that since her voyages are all longer ones that they don't anticipate having many kids aboard at any given time. Makes sense.

JHannah-

I could understand not updating the Prinsendam with respect to the kids area, but on longer cruises I would think the cooking demonstrations would be a fabulous thing. It makes me wonder outloud If HAL isn't planning to retire her a few years out and doesn't want to make that capitol investment.:cool:

What I find interesting with this is it shows that ALL the ships have COMPLETED stateroom Amenities and Suite Enhancements. What catagory would the new Flat Panel screen TVs fall into. To my understanding only the Ryndam has that. Also it states that the Zaandam, Westerdam, Zuiderdam and Oosterdam all have the Expanded Youth Facilities. I thought that the Ryndam was the only one so far that had this. The other thing is those that have very recently returned from the Westerdam that had pictures it seemed that the suites did not have the new Luxurious Duvets. They may have the new beds though:confused:

I guess what I am saying is I am completely confused by this. I know that all the ships have the stateroom amenities like the robes and ice buckets but it did seem that the Ryndam had a lot more that I had not heard the other ships had yet.

I am anxious to hear from Sail when she returns as well as KK when they return after the 23rd.

LAFFNVEGAS, Hello, The new Flat Panel TV's and DVD players are listed among the items under #1 on the chart as Stateroom Amenities - All Staterooms. This doesn't mean that they are in place, just that they are supposed to be in place. Note that it is dated January 2005. Maybe this thread will receive some feedback from those who are onboard ships now, or those who have recently returned.

Ruffin

Local Lady, check again, I see the Culinary Arts Center on the chart as No. 8.

Ruffin

Ruffin-

I stand corrected! That is great news for those on the world cruise. With many days at sea in many different areas, a culinary program will be fabulous!!!! Mea culpa for my poor reading skills!:cool:

What I find interesting with this is it shows that ALL the ships have COMPLETED stateroom Amenities and Suite Enhancements. What catagory would the new Flat Panel screen TVs fall into. To my understanding only the Ryndam has that. Also it states that the Zaandam, Westerdam, Zuiderdam and Oosterdam all have the Expanded Youth Facilities. I thought that the Ryndam was the only one so far that had this. The other thing is those that have very recently returned from the Westerdam that had pictures it seemed that the suites did not have the new Luxurious Duvets. They may have the new beds though:confused:

The Westerdam definitely does NOT have the expanded Youth facilities like the Ryndam has. As far as I know all the Suites on the Westerdam have the duvets - you may not be able to see them from the photos, but I am sure I was told they are there. We had the new beds and they are WONDERFUL!

MS Zaandam is in Nassau in drydock now and will be completed by next week. She then does several short trips and goes to the Super Bowl as a hotel for the game.

I believe that the Rotterdam is next to go into drydock.

GN

Sounds like they are "cleaning up" their act. :D

Ruffin

I guess what I am saying is I am completely confused by this. I know that all the ships have the stateroom amenities like the robes and ice buckets but it did seem that the Ryndam had a lot more that I had not heard the other ships had yet.

I am anxious to hear from Sail when she returns as well as KK when they return after the 23rd.

I think Hal screwed up. If you go to page 2 it lists the flat screen TV under #1 Stateroom ammentities. We all know these TV's are NOT on all ships.

Lisa,

Westerdam Suite does indeed have the good bed and linens... REALLY nice. In fact, all the room do.

Curious about the Flat Panel .. the chart shows Oosterdam and Westerdam have them already .... been on both and neither had flat panel. FLat screen, yes - flat panel, no.

Not that I care all that much .. but it does make other apsects of the chart questionable.

Either way .. the ships are VERY nice indeed!

Archived