Carnival's Turtle Farm Deluxe

IamAlyce

Just got back from the Conquest and had booked the Turtle Farm Deluxe for myself and my son, age 18. We had been here previously about 6 years ago, just to see and hold the turtles and had fond memories - son is a turtle nut!! Well, after reading the description about how you get to snorkle with the turtles, he was all excited and we decided to book it. I had visions of snorkling like we did in St Lucia, where the turtles are right there w/you, etc. What a disappointment! The farm was just as it was previously, with a swimming pool added and then what they (workers there) called a beach with snorkeling. It was dirty with algae all over it. When we asked where the turtles were, the guy pointed vaguely in one direction and said "oh, they hide over there most of the time", when I asked how many there were he said "one or two". Well we didn't go in as it just didn't look appealing but one woman in our group did and she couldn't find the turtles anywhere! We did have fun holding the turtles so that was good. If you go, don't bother paying for the deluxe as the lunch included was a overcooked hamburger, dry bun, some french fries (they were tasty) and we couldn't even get the woman to bring us anything to drink!

Just wanted to share our experience. I would just take the city bus next time and go on our own, it would save a whole lot of money!

Archived