Carnival Inspiration Anyone??

Ilivetogo

Our family is considering a 5-day on the Inspiration. I've never sailed Carnival before ... anybody know anything about this particular ship? Any good/bad points to know before booking? (help)

THANKS!!!

do you have a specific question? We were on her Nov 2009 and all was wonderful!

I read somewhere that the pizza on board is pretty good. Is that true?

On NCL, they had a program to buy smoothie passes for the kids. They got a coupon booklet to use for "slushie" type drinks. They were always getting strawberry "daquiris" (slush) and loved them! (My kids don't drink sodas so they really liked this.) Does Carnival have anything like that? What's the regular "drink" situation like? Can I bring my own canned drinks on board?

I read somewhere that the pizza on board is pretty good. Is that true?

On NCL, they had a program to buy smoothie passes for the kids. They got a coupon booklet to use for "slushie" type drinks. They were always getting strawberry "daquiris" (slush) and loved them! (My kids don't drink sodas so they really liked this.) Does Carnival have anything like that? What's the regular "drink" situation like? Can I bring my own canned drinks on board?

The Pizza is ok. Im Italian so its just ok. Not as good as what you can get home. As for the drinks, its ok to pack some. My wife does all the time. The Inspiration doesn't have refrigerators in the cabins unless you book a suite. But there is ice every day brought to your cabin. There is free Ice tea and lemonade up on the Lido. I mix a 50 50 of both with the ice tea in first. its not bad.

The Pizza is ok. Im Italian so its just ok. Not as good as what you can get home. As for the drinks, its ok to pack some. My wife does all the time. The Inspiration doesn't have refrigerators in the cabins unless you book a suite. But there is ice every day brought to your cabin. There is free Ice tea and lemonade up on the Lido. I mix a 50 50 of both with the ice tea in first. its not bad.

Thanks for that info. That's nice to know. I'm bummed there are no little fridges in the rooms. (but I'm sure we would survive without)

Thanks for that info. That's nice to know. I'm bummed there are no little fridges in the rooms. (but I'm sure we would survive without)

The Inspiration more than makes up for it. The Crew is very good, the ship is very clean and the food and shows are both very good. Also the port of Tampa is not far from the airport, and the Inspiration will be the only ship in port that day. They move people very fast.

The Inspiration more than makes up for it. The Crew is very good, the ship is very clean and the food and shows are both very good. Also the port of Tampa is not far from the airport, and the Inspiration will be the only ship in port that day. They move people very fast.

I'm glad you brought that up ... Carnival wanted to know if I wanted to buy airport transfers at $18 each person, each way. Does anybody know what a taxi (for 5) runs from the airport. I'm trying to decide which will be better.

I'm interested in this answer as well ... I havent been on carnival in 20 years but I am looking at a 5 day in Feb. 2010 and would need transportation from tampa airport ... do we buy transfers or take a cab ??? anyone out there with prices for cabs from TPA to the port ???

I'm glad you brought that up ... Carnival wanted to know if I wanted to buy airport transfers at $18 each person, each way. Does anybody know what a taxi (for 5) runs from the airport. I'm trying to decide which will be better.

Tampa is my favorite port to go out of. I would do a taxi.It will be $25 each way.When you goto taxi stand just tell them you need a van and they will call for one as they wait in a waiting area to be called.I NEVER use carnival transportation.You have to wait for everyone else before you can leave.Just grab a taxi and you will be at the port within minutes.

Oh I forgot when you get off the ship the taxi's will be there waiting,just tell them the same that you need a van. Or you can do a search for Blue One Transportation in Tampa .They are a great company to deal with also. They will charge by the person though,but its not much.We use them when we arrive a day earlier to take us around,I misplaced the # or I would give it to you.

Oh I forgot when you get off the ship the taxi's will be there waiting,just tell them the same that you need a van. Or you can do a search for Blue One Transportation in Tampa .They are a great company to deal with also. They will charge by the person though,but its not much.We use them when we arrive a day earlier to take us around,I misplaced the # or I would give it to you.

Thank you so much for that. I kind of figured a taxi would be cheaper (and quicker) than $18 pp one-way. Thanks!!

Just got off the Inspiration 5 day yesterday.

Best crew and service we have had on 6 Carnival cruises thus far. (by a wide margin)

Bill

Please, tell us more! ;)

We sail on the Inspiration on July 26th - it will be our kids' first cruise (ages 18 and 15). I would love to hear more about your experience with this particular ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived