"Naughty room" for 2 airplane bottles of rum!

sprockie

I have one for you:

On my Jan 2 cruise I had 2 plastic rum bottles in my luggage of the flask type. I was missing "that" piece of luggage, and later got a message on my room phone that my luggage had been confiscated. I took the piece of luggage and they asked my where the alcohol was. I told them I didn't know what they were talking about since I hadn't packed it the wife did:eek:;):D. The guy said yeah right and if your wife was here she would say the same about you:p

He searched the luggage and only found 1 and asked if there were any more. I repeated my story and he let me go with my bag. So...they only got one!! By the end of the cruise we had only used the entire 1 bottle anyway. They returned the confiscated bottle the last night.

I think they try to get any kind of alcohol. I've been told, but don't know if it's accurate info, that the boxes of wine (with plastic-type bags inside them) are not the profile that they are looking for, and it's tougher to spot them. (That's why Rum-Runners work)

But, if they are really spending time and scruntinizing a bag, I'm betting they will be able to spot everything.

It's totally ridiculous. I was the one who pretty well assured her she would never be caught - especially with that piddly amount, and she's hauled in over 4 oz of rum. So she hobbles down to the pursers desk (she was in a handicapped room having just had a knee replacement) and they ask her for the booze. Nice.

My mother, who is 76, just got off the Grandeur. She went to the naughty room to retrieve her bag over 2 miniature (ie. 2oz) bottles of rum. Now that's getting petty.

Not petty at all.

Disregarding the rules sometimes leads to consequences.

No booze means no booze...period.

Bet your Mother is old enough to know that.

It's totally ridiculous. I was the one who pretty well assured her she would never be caught - especially with that piddly amount, and she's hauled in over 4 oz of rum. So she hobbles down to the pursers desk (she was in a handicapped room having just had a knee replacement) and they ask her for the booze. Nice.

Ya know I cant seem to find any sympathy for anyone caught smuggling booze or any other contraband... If you want to take the chance of smuggling you take the chance of getting caught don't get miffed at RCI for calling you out on it. (social commentary to follow).

It seems in general we as a society have decided that the only rules that apply to us are the one we want to follow... This change in societal behavior only leeds me to question what things will be like 10 year from now... Aside from that is the attitude of a lot of people when they get caught breaking the rules (why are you picking on me?) if you adult enough to break the rules be adult enough to take the consequences and stop complaining about it... (end of social commentary)

Have a nice day folks and happy cruising...:D

Archived