Best restaurant for lunch in Grand Cayman

Urban Chic

I'' llbe in Grand Cayman soon, and I'm planning to do some shopping in Georgetown, and also catch some rays on seven-mile beach. I'd like to have lunch ashore rather than getting back on board, and am wondering if anyone can suggest a nice place for lunch in Grand Cayman. If possible . . . I would like to have fresh seafood or Caribbean food, and someplace with a nice view of the sea, and/or outdoor dining). Any ideas???

Many thanks to anyone who can provide useful information.

Urban Chic

Breezes by the Bay isn't bad... it's right in Georgetown, only a few blocks from the pier, and right next to all the jewerly/souvenier shops. There's a balcony on the 2nd floor that looks out on the bay and the food is ok (mix of carribean fare and some American standbys like burgers), and the drinks are pretty good (in fact, everything else improves considerably after a few of their Cayman lemonades). Next time I'm there I'd like to try something new, but wouldn't mind going back.

Hi

We were in the grand cayman on this past friday and ate at the Paradise Restaurant it was to the right of the pier. It is past Hard Rock and on the right side outside seating right on the beach ocean area. Food was great.

Krista

Krista - what kind of food did they have? Also what else did you do while in Cayman? Did you go to the beach at all and if so which one? I heard Sea Grape on Seven Mile is great but gets very crowded. I'm just looking for a nice area on Seven Mile to relax at all day. Thanks again.

Sorry to say, that the Tree House is no longer. It was damaged very badly from Hurricane Ivan and haven't heard if they plan to rebuild. I will be in GC the 1st weekend in February. So, I can check for you. Have property on the island and going to check out the damage and progess of repairs.

Can recommend a few good places for lunch: On SMB , Coconut Joes, Cafe Med(these are not on the beach but across the road). Yes, they are open for business. Please go and enjoy the island. I'm sure it doesn't look like it did before, however, the people of GC are warm & friendly. Beautiful beaches and the water is so inviting! I miss my second home! Have a great time!

Does anyone know how far away "Hemingways" at the Hyatt is from Sea Grape Beach? I've heard they have a great lobster & tropical fruit salad there,& great drinks there, and would like to try it, but also want some beach time.

Can anyone help? I'm leaving in just a few weeks.

Does anyone know how far away "Hemingways" at the Hyatt is from Sea Grape Beach? I've heard they have a great lobster & tropical fruit salad there,& great drinks there, and would like to try it, but also want some beach time.

Can anyone help? I'm leaving in just a few weeks.

Maybe 1 1/2 miles ?

Looking at this:

http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/cy/wcmap.shtml

Sea Grape is around 32 and 34 (near one of the camera symbols)

Hyatt is 35 - near Beach Club Colony Hotel.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/grandcayman/D48538.html

http://grandcayman.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

The link to the Hyatt website makes it sound like the Hyatt is closed until Nov. 2005??? Or maybe just part of the hotel....not sure about Hemingways...I'm sure you could email the Hyatt to find out.

The Hyatt is located on both sides of the road in GC. The side on SMB is open and this is where you will find Hemingways. The other side across the street is still closed due to hurricane damage. I will be on the island this Thursday to Sunday. Once I get back I will give a listing of places to eat.

Someone has said that Calico Jacks is a good place to eat. I won't be in Grand Cayman until the 26th, so I haven't been there. Maybe someone else can comment on Calico Jacks. It is on 7 mile beach.

Did you get there? We saw it at Sea Grape beach, but didn't eat there. Just wondering how it was?

Archived