Help Needed With Promenade Cabin Location, Location, Location!

My wife and I are ready to book a Promenade/Atrium inside cabin with a window overlooking the Promenade below. I just need a little guidance as to what you would consider a good location for this type of cabin.

Would I be better off near mid-ship next to the rear Atrium and at the end of the Promenade below, or would I be better off just a little bit further towards the front of the ship overlooking the middle of the Promenade below?

Anyone with Cabin location suggestions that have previously sailed in this location would also be appreciated!

I've also read that there is natural light from the outdoors that enters the Promenade area. Where does the natural lite come from. I was thinking that it would be nice to tell from the room if the sun were shining!

Thank You all for your advise!

[This message was edited by Crazsea on 05-22-04 at 06:06 PM.]

Get center of the ship on deck 7. Stayed there two years in a row and it was great for movement on the ship, proximatey )sp) to the elevators/stairs and also for the parades. The cabin was 7587 or 7589.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;07;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Mariner of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas 11/03

Explorer of the Seas 11/02

Royal Majesty 12/95

Costa Riviera 8/89 & 12/89

<marquee direction="right" scrolldelay="0">

boat001.gif

GET OUT THERE!

Have to agree with the middle of Deck 7. My DD had a room there on VOS last year (sorry don't remember the room number) and they had a great view of everything going on.

Diane

Legend of the Sea 9/12/04

Voyager of the Sea 8/24/03

Sovereign of the Sea 07/01

We had a mid-ship cabin on Deck eight (8601) and really enjoyed it. Bulkhead wall on one side of the room so it was extremely quiet.

VERY easy to get around the ship from there. An elevator was just around the corner and it was direct link to Ice skating show (deck three) or up to Windjammer on 11.

Also been over the Cafe Promenade (deck eight again). Good for people watching.

I know that a lot of people enjoy the decks below (6 & 7) but I'm a fan of the "Penthouse Atrium" deck. icon_wink.gif

All lighting is from the Royal Promenade and is computer controlled. Brighter in the daytime and softer colors at night. Nice room darkening shades in each cabin so it is not a problem at night. I use the TV in the cabin (Channel 41) to check outside views of the ship (Ship Cam).

We had 8595 in January which was closer to the aft Centrum. We didn't end up doing much people watching as we wanted to be the people other people were watching! We wanted to be on the promenade for the parades. My one piece of advice is if you are using the brochure to determine what your room will be over, but sure to line up the fore and aft elevators on each deck. The plans do not line up used as printed.

David

RCI Explorer of the Seas - 1/05

RCI Adventure of the Seas - 1/04

RCI Enchantment of the Seas - 1/02

Carnival Ecstacy - 4/00

Carnival Paradise - 4/99

Thank You everyone for your replys and your help so far, It's great Information!

David, That is the exact location I was leaning towards due to all the great suggestions. How was the view from that cabin? Were there any obstructions?

Thanks everyone!!!

Archived