Dumb questions are those that are never asked...

clarksnavy

Silly me, but I am dying to know what that little pool is on the bow of the ship. We watched it on the cctv in our room time and time again thinking it may be the Captains jacuzzi or the crews pool. We have just been on one cruise and are booked on our second. Norwegian Jewel last time, the Jade this time. Is NCL the only line with these little "pools"? :p

That pool is for selected members of the crew. The NCL employee incentive / recognition program is S.T.Y.L.E., and those letters are on that pool. Getting to use the pool underway is like getting "employee of the week" at work for you.

We had an owners suite on the GEM and I wondered the same thing! It seemed to be a mystery since the pool was covered some days, other days it wasn't, yet I never saw anyone in it. Only on one day did I see a staff member walk up on the bow but that was to lower the flag at night, and another to take a picture.

-Keith

It's the crew jacuzzi/crew sun deck. Some of the crew is not allowed to sun themselves on passenger decks. Performers can - but sometimes you just don't want to be bothered.

When I was working for NCL we never went in that jacuzzi -- we had no interest in being watched by the whole ship in the bridge cam...must less the BRIDGE!

But when we sailed through the Panama Canal on the Windward, we not only stayed on that deck, but we sat on the tippy front of the bow with our feet hanging out under the (on that ship) open rail. With bar service bringing us drinks, and passegers offering to sign safety waivers to be allowed to do the same (they were denied). True story. One of the reasons I still like to patronize NCL is because of small nods like this to the crew....

Archived