Do I get money back

I booked the May cruise and paid for it last year for three of us. My wife passed away in November so I just had the fare of the third person put on as a shipboar credit. If I don't use all of this credit will I get cash back on the last night for the remainder that is not spent. Got a credit of $1,079.00. No I am not going to buy you drinks.

Good question and my condolences for your loss. The answer is "yes", however I suggest you call RCCL (or your travel agent) directly to inform well in advance of your sailing date. You may need to furnish RCCL a death cert and your reservation number. Typically the ships' Guest Relations will refund your unused money in cash or credit your seapass and therefore your credit card for funds unused. The choice is yours. You will love Oasis.

Thanks for all the kind words about my wife. We lost our youngest in April of 2008 and then this. I am going with my son as they would like us to go instead of just staying home. My doughter got us doing cruises and then took part of her ashes to Tahiti last November as that is where she wanted to cruise next. I know both of them would love the Oasis and be on deck 9 second from the aft on the boardwalk would have be a treat. We just wanted to use the money for different things on the cruise so that at the end we would not have a big bill. If there is anything left so be it and if we get it back great. If not I will give the rest as a tip to the people that do all the things for us to make our cruise a vacation. Being at the age of 70 that is all I can do to make my life better and help others. I have always be bleased and this trip will also be for my wife and youngest dauther that ment so much to me. If you are on the May 22, 2010 cruise leave a masage on my cabin door room 9327 and maybe we will have that drink.:o

Archived