FLL Hotel Help!

dgossett

I know there has been several posts about hotels in Fort Lauderdale. This is my problem we are cruising out on Feb 7th, flying in the 6th. There is no hotels in the port or airport area. I have found 2 options one is The Best Western in Oakland park they dont have a shuttle service I am either going to have to rent a car or was wondering about cabs. The second hotel I have found is a an Extended Stay in Deerfield Beach and we have a car reserved. Dont know which way to go? Also does anyone know of a small hotel in the port area. How expensive are the cabs to Oakland Park area. Any advise would help?

Confused

Debbie

Since you...like me...picked the Super Bowl weekend to heading to south Florida when hotels are at a premium, you may want to check into smaller, independent, hotels. I have stayed at a few of the hotels on the Superior Small Lodgings site. All have been very nice. They are not the cookie-cutter hotels of the chains, and tend to be small - 20 rooms or less, but I have always been quite comfortable at them. The Superior group has a very strict monitoring policy for quality and cleanliness.

<<<I know there has been several posts about hotels in Fort Lauderdale. This is my problem we are cruising out on Feb 7th, flying in the 6th. There is no hotels in the port or airport area. I have found 2 options one is The Best Western in Oakland park they dont have a shuttle service I am either going to have to rent a car or was wondering about cabs. The second hotel I have found is a an Extended Stay in Deerfield Beach and we have a car reserved. Dont know which way to go? Also does anyone know of a small hotel in the port area. How expensive are the cabs to Oakland Park area. Any advise would help?>>

debbie -- last year our friends stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, 17th st Causeway, continental breakfast and shuttle included. No pool though. Very reasonable.

There is also a comfort inn, embassy suites, amerisuites, in the same stretch, but she was happy with her quick overnight stay at the HI Express.

here's the link.

it also has airport shuttle service! No need to rent a car. Also, if you get there early enough, do the ft. lauderdale water taxi to enjoy your precruise day. I think it's $12 pp, and you can get on and off it all day, it runs until midnight I think. great tour and hopping off to different restaurants is great. Our favorite stop is Shooters! Nice bar/grill right on intercoastal.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/fllcc?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/ex/1/en/mapsearchresults

Holiday Inn Express

FT. LAUDERDALE CONV CTR-CRUISE

1500 SE 17TH CAUSEWAY

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33316 UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 1-954-7282577 | Hotel Fax: 1-954-7282591

1 800 972 2604

I tried the Holiday Inn they dont have any rooms. I was just wondering does anyone know how much a cab would be from the airport to Oakland park. Our flight is a late flight we wont be into FLL until 9pm.

Thanks

Debbie

I tried the Holiday Inn they dont have any rooms. I was just wondering does anyone know how much a cab would be from the airport to Oakland park. Our flight is a late flight we wont be into FLL until 9pm.

Thanks

Debbie

about $35.

I think the BW is a good choice. It's just a little motel and doesn't look very nice, but the neighborhood is good with Publix, Target, and other stores right there, and the tripadvisor reviews are good.

There is also a BW oceanside really close to the port. It is not popular on CC, but it gets good reviews too.

We've stayed at the BW oceanside. It's close to the port and we just took a cab. You can also take the trolley for a short ride to Las Olas Blvd to shop and eat.

There is also a motel across the street from it called The Bahia Cabana. It doesn't look like much but they have a nice restaurant that sits right on the marina. No shuttle that I'm aware of. Around the corner from it is The Blarney Castle Motel. Never stayed there, but always kept it in the back of my mind as an option if nothing else was available.

There's always a few higher end hotels, The Sheraton Yankee Clipper and The Bahia Mar.

The Clipper was closed for re-model but I think they were to open back up in early 2010.

All of these hotels/motels are on Seabreeze blvd. I know that doesn't answer your question about Oakland park but I thought I would throw in my 2 cents and offer up another option or two.

Our cab ride's to and from the BW oceanside was usually around $15.00

I just booked with Cambria Suites for our pre-cruise stay in March. The cost was $143.00. This hotel will pick us up from the Fort Lauderdale Airport and then transport us back at no cost. We have purchased our cruise transfers through NCL, $50.00 per person round trip to POM.

Thanks for the info on this Hotel...it's a good deal.

Archived