Wandering drunks

Mikayla's Mom

The wildest ship we've ever been on was on RCI 7 dayer. It's not the line you cruise, but WHEN you cruise and who's on it. Well, except for HAL, which I've heard referred to as "God's waiting room!". LOL

Yeah nearly dead or newly wed.

I've been reading posts over in Carnival's forums and it sure does seem like there are a lot of folks who like their DOD, monkeyheads, and sneaking booze onboard. My husband and I don't drink but we don't begrudge anyone an after dinner cocktail but some of these folks sound like they are doing serious damage to their liver and brain cells.

(Just my humble and non-alcoholic opinion)

Is the Carnival board the only one that you read? Try reading some of the others, you will see the same subjects talked about on every board. It is rare that I drink the DODs, too sweet. Never bought a Monkeyhead. Some see them as nice souvenirs I always bring a bottle of rum and a bottle or two of wine on board. I don't begrudge holyier than thou non-drinkers either.

Been home from the Conquest for a week, feels like months!! Only time we saw people who had too much to drink was at our AI in Cozumel. We did the Twister Boat to Isla Pasion. There were about 6 in a group that were feeling no pain. We were sure glad they were not on our Twister boat for the ride back to the pier. Bet that was an interesting ride for them...

You will have a great time.

I've been reading posts over in Carnival's forums and it sure does seem like there are a lot of folks who like their DOD, monkeyheads, and sneaking booze onboard. My husband and I don't drink but we don't begrudge anyone an after dinner cocktail but some of these folks sound like they are doing serious damage to their liver and brain cells.

Wow :eek:! There are way too many assumptionsin here to even address (and we all know what happens when we assume) ....JMHO ;)

Forgot to mention, our family of 4 got hit from behind one night heading to the dining room by a grandma on a scooter. :D The adult daughter seemed really embarrased. It appeared that they got the scooter for the cruise & she had not had time to learn to use it properly.

Thanks so much! My daughter is ten and will not be roaming alone. I just wanted to make sure we were not going to be walking into a sailing2am bar atmosphere. Sounds like things should be fine.

On another note- good grief is rcl just the swingers- hook up drunkfest?! Lol

thanks again- the mommy in me can be calmed once again.

I see you are more at ease now LOL Lemme tell ya. I have 4 ages 2-8. I am one of the wandering drunks, but my husband is always there to guide me ;) This will be the third cruise for the 3 oldest and the second for the youngest. They all love cruise time. They have fun and mommy gets to drink while they have fun. It's truly the best of both worlds.

We are traveling with younger kids and this is our first cruise. I was wondering about the prevalance of wandering drunks. Are we looking at a boat full of Girs gone wild-spring break craziness? I just didn't know what to expect and prepare her for' date=' she has never been exposed to anything like that.

Thanks![/quote']

I have been on four Carnival cruises, one Royal Carribean and one Princess. Never have I see any "Girls gone wild "activity and the cruise with the most "wandering drunks" was the Royal Carribean cruise. Maybe because it was the only four day in the bunch????

Do not worry....

With 68 Carnival cruises under my belt, I'll just say that while you may find an occasional "falling down drunk"....it's rare. Most people behave themselves and don't become a problem to themselves and others.

Of course, if you are traveling during spring break, that's a whole other situation.....on any ship.....

We did a 4 day on the Destiny that lookeds as if it was a filming of GGW in one of the hot tubs. I couldn't convince DW to stay in that area...

PDA I am fine with- she lives with that.

Nudity- no, really don't want to have that talk.

Quickie in the shadows- yeah don't want to pay for that therapy.

Screaming-boob wiggling- whistle blowing- yeah don't want that talk either. Lol

she is a Great kid and already points out those that are being social idiots.

I am a social drinker and she knows what that is all about. She's a smart cookie- just like I said just wanted to know what I needed to prepare her for.

Super excited!!

I've been on three cruises and only encountered a few "wandering drunks".

On my first cruise, the night before Montego Bay, I saw the same wandering drunk EVERY TIME I went in to the bathroom. Every time I went to wash my hands he was standing there staring back at me. :D

LMAO!! too funny

never saw any wandering drunks on my cruise

PDA I am fine with- she lives with that.

Nudity- no' date=' really don't want to have that talk.[/b']

Quickie in the shadows- yeah don't want to pay for that therapy.

Screaming-boob wiggling- whistle blowing- yeah don't want that talk either. Lol

she is a Great kid and already points out those that are being social idiots.

I am a social drinker and she knows what that is all about. She's a smart cookie- just like I said just wanted to know what I needed to prepare her for.

Super excited!!

:eek: Were you expecting those things when you booked :confused: ?? If you thought a cruise might be that kind of vacation - why would you choose it??

JMHO.......I think what ever impressions you have of a cruise are pretty far off of the mark :eek: . Carnival markets to families - for a reason!!

:eek: Were you expecting those things when you booked :confused: ?? If you thought a cruise might be that kind of vacation - why would you choose it??

JMHO.......I think what ever impressions you have of a cruise are pretty far off of the mark :eek: . Carnival markets to families - for a reason!!

oh no- actually I was thrown off by "the fun ship party rumors" I heard. And we chose carnival strickly by port of origin and itinery. But then I got on cc and read everything I could and felt fine.

And then.... I found YouTube videos and freaked out. :) we are talking boobs, drunks, etc. And then I kept reading posts that seemed like "hook up- swinger" posts. Just freaked my little okie butt out. Lol

I am fine now though thanks to the good people here. ;)

oh no- actually I was thrown off by "the fun ship party rumors" I heard. And we chose carnival strickly by port of origin and itinery. But then I got on cc and read everything I could and felt fine.

And then.... I found YouTube videos and freaked out. :) we are talking boobs' date=' drunks, etc. And then I kept reading posts that seemed like "hook up- swinger" posts. Just freaked my little okie butt out. Lol

I am fine now though thanks to the good people here. ;)

Excellent!! I am glad :D

Remember that everything you pick up here - or anywhere else - between now and then is just one persons experience. Try not to get too "freaked out" by what others say....their experience is just that THEIR experience ;).

Trust me

On 6 cruises I have not seen any quickies in the shadows, nudity, boob jiggleing or whistle blowing and trust me I scour the ship looking for it *LOL*

Just kidding,

No matter where you go where there will be a couple thousand people, you will never be able to ensure the behavior of all.

But it really should not be an issue.

Has that kind of thing ever happened on a ship? ...I am sure it has

Can it happen again? ......I am sure it will.

but it is certainly not as wide spread over the whole ship as some would like you to believe

have a great cruise.

i've been on three cruises and only encountered a few "wandering drunks".

On my first cruise, the night before montego bay, i saw the same wandering drunk every time i went in to the bathroom. Every time i went to wash my hands he was standing there staring back at me. :d

lmbo! :d

Medically speaking, red wine in moderation is actually good for your liver.

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Research/Red-wine-keeps-liver-healthy-suggests-new-study

And as for your other myth....also false. Alcohol doesn't kill brain cells, and again, may actually improve brain health.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081223123530.htm

I think it's great when people make choices about their health...but it should be based on facts, not myths. Avoiding alcohol does have benefits....but consider the real pros and cons, not the mythological ones.

We are traveling with younger kids and this is our first cruise. I was wondering about the prevalance of wandering drunks. Are we looking at a boat full of Girs gone wild-spring break craziness? I just didn't know what to expect and prepare her for' date=' she has never been exposed to anything like that.

Thanks![/quote']

We don't wander...we park our butts at the bar and don't move. :p;)

Ok on my last cruise there was a drunk naked girl banging on my cabin door at 3am .

Screaming "OPEN THE DOOR......OPEN THE DOOR!!!!!"

At 4:15am I finally took the hint and let her out :)

One thing I have learned from cc is about 99% of you people are frickin' funny!

The other is there seems to be a "deadhead" cruise mantality. I imagine I will get the secret handshake and backstage pass after my first return to port.

We've encountered zero wandering drunks, but have tripped over lots of wandering children and had to listen to one very obnoxious teenager who heckled the CD during the welcome aboard show. Made me wish I were a wandering drunk! :D

Thank you for bringing up that point, i was going to, if no one else did.

I see way more kids wondering around at all hours of the night, that i see drunks wondering around. I have seen more kids & their families get booted at the next port, because they were out of control & parents refused to control them, then i have seen drunks get booted.

Not picking on Kids or drunks cause I have also seen Non drunks get booted also.

Annie, they are not damaging their brain cells, if they did not bring them with on the cruise.

Archived