Excursion was cancelled... now what should we do?

JackieD223

Try Serenity Tours--they are a sponsor here, serenitytvl dot com. We had a private tour with them in December. It was the highlight of any vacation we've ever had. They have a lot of things to choose from. We did not go snorkeling, but they do have snorkeling excursions. Fantastic people and service.

Find a beach that you can snorkel from. The cab drivers are great and can take you to a good location.

I don't recommend Cosol. I was HIGHLY disappointed by that tour this past March. There were over 200 people on the tour, and we were herded around like cattle all day. The worst part, Cosol himself kept telling us to give him a good review on Cruise Critic! Yeah right!

We are headed back to St. Lucia on our next cruise and we will be going on our own. We will probably research some beaches then get a cab and pick one.

DH and I planned on a doing a snorkeling excursion through Carnival that has now been cancelled. What do you recommend we do on this island? I've read good things about Cosol, but I'm not sure that it's really our type of thing.

We had thae issue of cancelled/changed excursions last March prior to Carnival Victory's sailing .. we did a private catamaran excursion (25 people) through Serenity & it couldn't have been better!!!! However, when we got onboard the Victory the original excursions were listed as available in our room (& were again at the original prices & durations - which had changed when we were planning precruise). I'm back with RCCL.

Was this by chance the Carnival cat cruise the the Pitons? It wasn't really sold as a snorkeling tour, but they did offer snorkel gear at the swim for an extra charge. if so, be very thankful it was cancelled, as it was an awful tour from the perspective that the staff/crew on the cat were horribly unfriendly and grumpy. It would not surprise me at all if they cancelled this tour for good. No one was happy with it. No one even tipped. It was that bad.

This was called Sail and Snorkel party I think, or something like that. We were actually thinking of doing the cat to the Pitons with Carnival, but I guess we will have to reconsider! There are just so many things to do on St Lucia that we can't decide! Thank you for all of your input :)

Archived