Connecting balconies on Dream

Pisti

We are about to book 3 cabins side by side on the Dream. Will we be able to connect the balconies to make one long one?

I have heard that the crew can remove the dividers between cabins for those wanting to share balconies.

When I booked the Dream my PVP told me they don't all open up to each other. My guess is that all of the dividers will actually open, but some will block a door when doing so............this is how it is on the conquest class ships. Then it may come down to whether or not your cabin steward will open them due to safety reasons. I have heard some say theirs were opened with no trouble and others say they were told no. I have heard of people bringing duct tape and bungie cords to hook those doors together that are blocking and pushing both at the same time to open and close. Sorry this may not help you out!

I've read before that you should go to Guest Services with a rep from each cabin to authorize that the balconies can be opened. Apparently, they only have a certain amount of "thingys" that they use to keep the dividers open.

When we were on the Dream my huband asked our room steward to unlock the petition between our 2 balcony rooms. He said we first had to call Guest Services, which we did. The phone call took care of it and we were unlocked about 1/2 hour later.

Actually, only certain balconies open to others - we are booked on the Dream and side by side with friends and the partition btwn our balconies does not open - but each of our balconies open to the other rooms we are next to - they have the info, so just ask when you are booking to confirm which cabins you need to book.

We are about to book 3 cabins side by side on the Dream. Will we be able to connect the balconies to make one long one?
My family members had adjoining cabins 7461, 7463 & 7465. We should have been able to open up all three balconies and the cabin attendant was in the process of opening them until we noticed that when opening the partition for cabin 7461, it blocked the door accessing the cabin to the balcony for cabin 7463. They chalked it up to a design error so we had to leave that balcony closed off from the other two which were open to each other for the cruise.

PS. Hi Annette!

Edited by The Grumpus

sure we had 7382, 7384, and 7386

Thanks - according to the Carnival site, 7382 and 7384 do not connect (I'm not stalking you BTW - just booked with freinds in a two cabins that say they don't open to each other) - so my question is, when you had the partition open, did it block something -maybe that's why they say it can't be open

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/DR_empressdeck.htm Check here--- change deck name in URL as needed.

We are bummed out as we booked 12204 - 12206- and 12208 on the dream thinking they would all open. We have a new couple coming this year and they got the middle cabin leaving my buddy and me on the outsides not connecting. I could ask him to change cabins but I won't. I am sure we will have a good time anyway!

Thanks - according to the Carnival site, 7382 and 7384 do not connect (I'm not stalking you BTW - just booked with freinds in a two cabins that say they don't open to each other) - so my question is, when you had the partition open, did it block something -maybe that's why they say it can't be open

hmm, nothing was blocked and those cabins do open. 7382 and 7384 are adjoining cabins as well. here are 2 pics of our balconies. the doors kind of look funky because i photoshopped some people out of the pic so you could see better.

the first pic is taken from 7386 looking towards 7382

the second pic is taken from 7382 looking towards 7386

hope that helps!

1348550669_balc1.jpg.d2ccee51fb9bcd3740a4686895eba4d3.jpg

1739409482_balc2.jpg.cec4ce9fc39858a24d74333cd22ae626.jpg

hmm, nothing was blocked and those cabins do open. 7382 and 7384 are adjoining cabins as well. here are 2 pics of our balconies. the doors kind of look funky because i photoshopped some people out of the pic so you could see better.

the first pic is taken from 7386 looking towards 7382

the second pic is taken from 7382 looking towards 7386

hope that helps!

Thanks so much - I hope we are able to open ours!

• 5 years later...