Phoning home (UK)

jandancer

Hi Everyone

WE ARE GOING ON CELEBRITY EQUINOX 'ULTIMATE CARRIBEAN' IN MARCH, CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE BEST AND ALSO CHEAPEST WAY TO RING OR EMAIL HOME? DO MOBILES WORK ON THE SHIP(I'M WITH T MOBILE) OR IS IT BEST TO PHONE FROM PORTS.

THANKS

JAN:confused:

This from a US person, but the rates for my Verizon when used on the ship is $2.49 per minute, USD. Check with your provider as to what your charges will be. Email is available using either your own laptop or the ship's computers. You can do this one of two ways, either via a per minute charge, which is expensive, or else you can purchase a block of minutes, which works out to be much cheaper. You can also use your phone in ports, and I think the charges are rather similar to the charges on the ship. Using your in cabin phone will cost you $9 USD per minute.

Under no circumstances do you want to call home from the ship with T-Mobile. All US cell phones will work from the ship (except when it is in a port). But T-Mobile charges $4.99 a minute. Verizon and ATT charge $2.49. Contact your T-Mobile and see what they charge for the ports you are visiting. Or use this site. I am not sure they have UK rates. :

http://www.t-mobile.com/International/RoamingOverview.aspx

We did the Southern route 2008. We bought phone cards from the port approx $10.00.Some of them can be used in other ports. Sometimes you have to queue up at the phones at the port as the staff ring home. If you walk into the town you should find other phones. I would ask your room attendant on where they buy and use theirs.:)

Archived