Singapore Hotel one Night

Marco Beachcomber

We are sailing on Azamara Quest from Singapore a month from today so I have not been to Singapore yet, but I have done a pretty fair bit of research. Nothing is very far apart in Singapore. For instance almost all of downtown is within 30 minutes of both the airport and the seaport (just in opposite directions---if someone is from Singapore, please correct me).

The only hotel near the cruise port is the Carlson. You can see it here: http://www.carlsonhotelsasiapacific.com/

We found rooms at the Singapore Intercontinental (a 5 star hotel) on Hotels.com for $130.28 US. Once you add taxes it comes out about $26 more. It is halfway between the airport and cruiseport. The advertised taxi fare from the airport is $16 and to the cruiseport is $14. We figured you can't beat that. Plus we are right in the center of things.

Best of luck finding something. Hope you get a great deal.

The Cruise Centre is somewhat in a sort of Port Area separated from the City by a short taxi ride and very lush public gardens.

Taxis in Singapore are very cheap . Once you leave Customs & Immigration at the Cruise Centre look for directional signage to the Taxi Rank . After a bit of a same level "route march" through a shopping arcade and past all the usual suspect fast food franchises you will arrive at the taxi rank .

Suggest you stay in town at either the ALLSON HOTEL on Victoria Street (budget), or the RENDEZVOUS HOTEL on Bras Bahah Rd (for something a bit more mid range. ), RAFFLES on Beach Road if you have deep pockets !!!!

Get you TA or get Hotel to book you taxi to Changi Airport next day . Takes 20 - 25 minutes from those hotels to Airport by taxi .

DrKoob & kuldalai--

Thank you for taking the time to answer my query. Your info was most helpful. Since I started so late room costs were higher than when you booked, however, I was able to land a nice room at the Hotel M (Millenium Group) on Anson Road a little closer to the cruise pier. At $144 including breakfast and taxes I did well.

Thanks again and happy cruising! Marco Beachcomber

Just stayed at the intercontinental and I think I paid a bit more. Good location. Right next door to the bugis shopping center and the bugis tube (MRT) stop. Excellent excellent service. The concierge desk was very helpful in getting a seat assignment and any number of other small things. Borders on the luxurious at a low price. Do it.

Archived