How to save money... Maho Beach

scejas

If you like to mingle with the locals and your looking to head to Maho Beach (to watch planes land or go for a dip) I suggest grabbing the local bus. You will save a nice chunk of $$$

It cost me $2 via the local bus versus $8 for a taxi. In my case I had a group of 4 total so it was $16 round-trip instead $64 for a taxi roundtrip.

If you have questions about catching the bus let me know.

Where do you catch the bus from the cruise ship and how easy is it to get back on it after you are done with the beach? We want to go to Maho in June but am not sure how to go about it...we just don't want to be left stranded and miss the boat ;)

The bus is picked up on Back Street in Phillipsburg, which is one block over from Front Street (natch!). To get there you either have to take the water taxi ($6 pp unlimited) or walk 20-25 minutes from the pier. Or you could get bundled into a large van-cab at the pier and pay $7 pp one way. And cut 40 minutes each way from the trip.

Curt Schilling - Yankee fan !

I am thinking it would just be easier to take a taxi!

Yes !!!! And sit up front with the driver if you want to talk to a local fellow (gal). The same opportunity for conversation and, unlike the bus, he will not be stopping to let people on or off and can talk to you without interruption.

Curt Schilling - Yankee fan !

Archived