Bringing on Soda for Mixed Drinks

I am getting excited about our cruise on Splendor on the 31st. I am going to bring on some Jack Daniels for me and some box wine (beyond the 2 bottles allowed) for my wife. I am wondering about the Coke and the 7up to make the Jack and Cokes and the wine coolers. Do I need to put the 2 liters of soda in my checked bags with the porters or can I brinng them in my rollerboard carry on luggage. Also I plan opn making a run to the Wal-Mart in PV to reload for the remainder of the cruise. What is Carnival's policy and if it is no soda brought on then I may just take my chance in the cheked bags and also in my backpack in PV when I get back on the ship. Thanks for your replies and those who want to preach me about the smuggling of the alcohol and the soda need not reply.:)

You are not forbidden to bring soda on board so I don't think you will have a problem - I understand the rules say you can bring on a 'reasonable' amount altho there is no real definition.

Reloading on soda at ports is perfectly okay too!

Thanks for the great news. Anyone care to answer if 2 - 2 liters of Diet Coke and 1 - 2 liters of 7up. Any one also care to answer if you thought that a 2 liter or a 1 liter bottle would be less likely to leak/burst. I have done this before with Diet Coke in 2 liter amounts.:)

Archived