Oasis sheer size comparison

Just off Oasis on Saturday and had an amazing time. I wanted to share a pic I took at Nassau on the water taxi on my way to Atlantis.

Oasis was in port with 4 other ships and once that water taxi got about 50 feet off the dock and you could see all 4 ships together, the jaws of everyone on the boat dropped and they all ran to the back just to see this breathtaking view, it was really amazing seeing her next to these 4 other vessles.

The first shot is taken a couple hundred feet from the water taxi departure and getting that 3/4 view of Oasis really makes her look gigantic. The second shot is about 2 minutes into the water taxi ride and shows a good comparison straight on.

You sure do build incredible RCI...

oasis1a.jpg

oasis2a.jpg

All I can say is WOW! That is a couple amazing pictures!! Thanks for posting!! Awesome!! Can't wait for my turn to sail on Oasis. I will hopefully be able to get a picture like this one when we dock in Nassau! If I do I will be sure to post.

Take care everyone!

Just off Oasis on Saturday and had an amazing time. I wanted to share a pic I took at Nassau on the water taxi on my way to Atlantis.

Oasis was in port with 4 other ships and once that water taxi got about 50 feet off the dock and you could see all 4 ships together, the jaws of everyone on the boat dropped and they all ran to the back just to see this breathtaking view, it was really amazing seeing her next to these 4 other vessles.

The first shot is taken a couple hundred feet from the water taxi departure and getting that 3/4 view of Oasis really makes her look gigantic. The second shot is about 2 minutes into the water taxi ride and shows a good comparison straight on.

You sure do build incredible RCI...

oasis1a.jpg

oasis2a.jpg

What an incredible picture .Thanks for sharing.

Great Pictures! I had wondered when someone would get such a shot for a direct comparison with other ships. We sailed the Destiny way back in 1998 in her inaugural year. She was massive. Now look at her beside the Oasis! We can't wait to cruise the Oasis in April!

---------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

Wow it is huge. This just confirms our feelings that it is too big for us. We canceled our crown loft for December.

Although the reviews are fabulous they make it sound too much like a huge resort or mall-like for us. I think we will get back to that cruise feeling. We are on the Independence in March in the Presidential suite for a family reunion then back to the smaller ships for us. Maybe someday we will venture onto the massive Oasis but not yet.

Wow! Those shots are nothing short of amazing. I will be booking soon for next year. Although not everyone agrees that bigger is better, I am looking forward to the diversity that will be offered on the Oasis. The neighborhood concepts are interesting and with all that is offered, I for sure will not get bored or run out of things to do.

Archived