Port side balcony cabins, just wait until Nassau

Just off Oasis and had a Port Side balcony cabin (12220), so the port days in St. Thomas and St. Marten while having OK views of the ocean and islands, didn't give me much to look at as far as people watching and helping me navigate my way out of the dock before disembarking.

I kept grumbling to my wife about how I should have book a Starboard and yadda yadda. Then, on the last port day at Nassau, the port side was all worth it. From noon until leaving for the day, the view on the Port side of the ship was the most amazing, beautiful, relaxing view of the entire cruise. We pulled in at about noon right alongside this small inlet and the water and the views from the balcony were absolutely incredible and so serene, with Atlantis off in the distance. Also based on the position of the sun, we were in the shade with a nice cool island breeze. Oasis is the left most ship in port (looking from the top down), so there were no boats or people to the left of us just silence and water slowly crashing upon the shore and the side of the ship.

The picture doesn't do it justice, it's a must for eating lunch on your balcony this day. So to all you Port Side cabins that wished you would have booked Starboard - just wait patiently and I promise it will be worth it... :D

oasis3a.jpg

That looks like the same location as our room! You had much better weather that is great pic. For the ones on the other side of the ship cross your fingers the wind isn't blowing in the direction of the ship, your so high all the smoke from the other ships blows right into you.

That looks like the same location as our room! You had much better weather that is great pic. For the ones on the other side of the ship cross your fingers the wind isn't blowing in the direction of the ship, your so high all the smoke from the other ships blows right into you.

MTSHQMP what sailing were you on? On the Jan 9th sailing, we really were thankful for the good weather that day, our first 2 sea days (and the sea day before Nassau) were overcast and drizzly. The morning of Day 7 we woke up to a nice surprise of sunshine - we all soaked it in.

Thanks for posting such a beautiful picture of the Atlantis!! Just went to Nassau in November, this picture is bringing back good memories of the view!! I will be going on Oasis in May, from what I can tell I think I am going to be on the other side of the ship. So I will make sure I am somewhere with a good view. How do you get out to that area near the bridge? That looks like it might be a good viewing spot!! Ah only 123 more days till I get to set sail on Oasis!! Thanks again for posting. Got any more great pics?:)

MTSHQMP what sailing were you on? On the Jan 9th sailing, we really were thankful for the good weather that day, our first 2 sea days (and the sea day before Nassau) were overcast and drizzly. The morning of Day 7 we woke up to a nice surprise of sunshine - we all soaked it in.

We were on the Dec. 12th cruise, the weather was ok but that last day in Nassau we got the tail end of the blizzard that was heading up the east coast. It didn't rain but it wasn't very warm and it was pretty overcast.

Just off Oasis and had a Port Side balcony cabin (12220), so the port days in St. Thomas and St. Marten while having OK views of the ocean and islands, didn't give me much to look at as far as people watching and helping me navigate my way out of the dock before disembarking.

I kept grumbling to my wife about how I should have book a Starboard and yadda yadda. Then, on the last port day at Nassau, the port side was all worth it. From noon until leaving for the day, the view on the Port side of the ship was the most amazing, beautiful, relaxing view of the entire cruise. We pulled in at about noon right alongside this small inlet and the water and the views from the balcony were absolutely incredible and so serene, with Atlantis off in the distance. Also based on the position of the sun, we were in the shade with a nice cool island breeze. Oasis is the left most ship in port (looking from the top down), so there were no boats or people to the left of us just silence and water slowly crashing upon the shore and the side of the ship.

The picture doesn't do it justice, it's a must for eating lunch on your balcony this day. So to all you Port Side cabins that wished you would have booked Starboard - just wait patiently and I promise it will be worth it... :D

oasis3a.jpg

Okay, I have the same shots and we were Aft Starboard! How is that possible???LOL

DSC_0663resized.jpg.441aa561f1023e97bb2b4e99c6759dd7.jpg

DSC_0658resized.jpg.399ad23921a814add644f9f9bf0c24a1.jpg

We enjoyed our port side balcony in all ports. But I would prefer to look out over the ocean view as opposed to the docks where all the hubbub is happening. :) I agree, port side in Nassau was especially a nice view. It's also great for sailaway in Fort Lauderdale.

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

We enjoyed our port side balcony in all ports. But I would prefer to look out over the ocean view as opposed to the docks where all the hubbub is happening. :) I agree, port side in Nassau was especially a nice view. It's also great for sailaway in Fort Lauderdale.

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

Thanks for the great pics - especially of "Atlantis" at night. We are on the April 17th sailing and am very excited.

Aqua Bliss, thank you for posting such a beautiful picture. We are sailing on her in June and have a port side balcony. We have always had a starboard side room before. This will definately be worth the wait.

I agree with kuddles14. The picture you posted is BEAUTIFUL! I am also cruising on the Oasis on June 19, 2010. I am interested in contacting others who might be booked on this cruise. I am hoping to already know some other families to meet up with on the ship and/or at the Meet and Mingle. Kuddels14, will you be attending?

:D

oasis3a.jpg

We were on portside in Nassau and couldn't believe how close we were to Paradise Island. I also took a picture from 12218 and it is so pretty am using it for my background picture on laptop.

Archived