Concierge lounge question

DachshundsRule

I did call Oceania Customer Service and they did say each stateroom can bring 3 bottles of wine on board. How does one turn in a bottle of Champagne that comes with the room for a bottle of wine at Dinner? Is it in the MDR and do you see the wine steward or any waiter? This is good to know.

I did call Oceania Customer Service and they did say each stateroom can bring 3 bottles of wine on board. How does one turn in a bottle of Champagne that comes with the room for a bottle of wine at Dinner? Is it in the MDR and do you see the wine steward or any waiter? This is good to know.

While that limit is often quoted, it is not enforced. You can bring a reasonable amount of wine aboard at any port.

As for the trqade-in, just carry your bottle of champagne (or sparkling wine) to any dining venue and ask the wine steward to trade it for a bottle of house red or white, as you prefer. On Marina, they had bottles that were actually labeled "Marina" or "Oceania". We always get the red; it was pretty good.

Hondorner.

For heaven`s sake, she is not there to let her hair down, would you like

Joan Rivers behind the desk.

Fred

I can't quite understand how (or why) my simple observation is being exaggerated. First Carnival Cruise Lines, now Joan Rivers. Incredible!

There is no wine served in the lounges (any of them). However, you can turn your welcome bottle of champagne into a bottle of wine in the dininig room or buy wine prior to boarding and it will not be confiscated!

Doubledobles:p

Hi! Just returned from Marina Inaugural cruise MIA to San Fran & can tell you this. On deck 9 the lounge was very convenient for us as they had pastries/coffee/espresso etc./tea/cocoa in the mornings which was so very convenient! Nice to have coffee, etc. on the verandah before getting dressed for the morning. The woman "concierge" was of little help, but wasn't there much either! Convenient to have access at will to chilled beverages of one's choice (no alcohol) and the copy machine. Later in the day there were little tea sandwiches which could easily make a light lunch if one wished.

The lounge on 11 is basically the same, but is larger, more "masculine"(i.e. wood paneling, hunting prints, etc).

We found the lounge, esp. being close to it in 9038, was such a plus that we are spoiled now for the other Oceanaia ships that lack the lounge!

Archived