Hotels in Mobile

Pattyjo9951

Has anyone stayed at the La Quinta Inn by I-65 in Mobile? Any information on it would be greatly appreciated. I found a pretty good rate, and don't need anything fancy as we are flying in late the night we are going to stay. Also much would a cab ride from that area be to the port? I'm debating whether to pay a little bit more and get a hotel shuttle to the port or just take a cab from a cheaper hotel.

Has anyone stayed at the La Quinta Inn by I-65 in Mobile? Any information on it would be greatly appreciated. I found a pretty good rate, and don't need anything fancy as we are flying in late the night we are going to stay. Also much would a cab ride from that area be to the port? I'm debating whether to pay a little bit more and get a hotel shuttle to the port or just take a cab from a cheaper hotel.

I snagged that hotel twice on Priceline for very very cheap. It was decent, no frills. Felt reasonably safe. The cab ride might kill the deal though or at least reduce its value. Here is a link to the rates for a taxi service in Mobile.

http://www.yellowcabofmobile.com/rates.htm

We have stayed at Renaissance Riverview and the Holiday Inn on Government street. The Riverview is beautiful and my room looked out over the cruise terminal. I woke up early and watched the Fantasy as she was coming into the port. I like being near the cruise terminal, both hotels fit the bill.

We will be on the cruise right before you.....as we get off, you get on!

I'm also considering the same places you are....we will be driving in so I am considering a hotel with cruise parking vs. any hotel and then parking at the port or the City Garage next to the Radisson.

We are staying at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West using reward points. However, they only allow free parking during the cruise. No breakfast, no shuttle to & from the port. If you want to take advantage of the "cruise pkg", you cannot use Hilton reward points & you must pay $140.

We are staying at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West using reward points. However, they only allow free parking during the cruise. No breakfast, no shuttle to & from the port. If you want to take advantage of the "cruise pkg", you cannot use Hilton reward points & you must pay $140.

If I was you, I would look for a better deal. There are a number of hotels in Mobile offering packages better than this (not counting your free stay at the Hilton of course). Look at http://www.mobile.org/packages.php for other available packages.

I know the subject of "Mobile hotels" has been beat to death in recent days.....But does anyone know of a nice hotel in the Mobile,Gulfport area that has a nice indoor pool? We are flying into Guflport a day early and the kids would love an indoor pool (we live in Buffalo).

We will be on the cruise right before you.....as we get off, you get on!

I'm also considering the same places you are....we will be driving in so I am considering a hotel with cruise parking vs. any hotel and then parking at the port or the City Garage next to the Radisson.

AND we will be getting off, as you get on. Looks like we have 3 sailings covered here.

We use the Riverview park and cruise special. Normally ride shuttle over to leave and walk back as we self dis-embark, and no waiting on the shuttle. Works well for us. It also puts us right across from a place we have had alot of fun in the past.... Veet's.

Archived