the best snorkel part of belize which cy ?

fvandewouwer

I did read the entire forum but did not find what we are looking for so that is why I kindly like some advice : .

We will visit on our upcoming cruise ( March ) Carnival Valor

The Cayman Islands (have been there did the stingray, want to do it again )

Roatan

Belize

Cozumel ( have been there did go to palancar, sorry the part we did, at that time, it was not great)

Snorkeling is our top favorite, second favorite is island touring

where should we go, with whom should we go with, to see coral, fish, dolphins, sharks, ….. that sweeps us away ?

We are very strong swimmers ( are snorkeling for almost 30 years and have seen a lot, yes we are very lucky we know) we are not afraid of strong current and deep sea and are fully equipped.

If we should hire a boat, dive cy, tour organization : we hate cattle boats with booze and loud music (they throw up where you have to snorkel, really have been through that )

Which one can you advise us ?

We are not looking for a long day at sea and an half an hour of snorkeling ( do not need a tan to prove that we have been on a holiday ) and I am on a cruise so will be on a boat for the whole week.

-Belize : shark ray alley seems great / hol chan marine reserve / Caye Caulker anyone been there and which cy ? whale shark tours ???

all your information is welcome !

If we could do both go on a snorkel trip combined with an island tour even better but really a few fish and some rocks simply cannot tempt us anymore.

I thank you very very much for all your help and hope to get some good idea’s

Have a great day

From Belgium/ Europe

Frieda and Erwin

We just booked that tour with Coral Breezes - so you've been on it and think it's good? How much time did you get on Caye Caulker? and what all did you do there? We didn't buy the tour w/ lunch because we thought it might be better to find something on our own - did you?

Thanks,

Angel

You should really look into the snorkel trip with Coral Breeze making two stops & then lunch on Caye Caulker.

We have been with them many times, twice a year & plan to continue with them.

Look at their online site for all of the info.

Enjoy your trip.

Bill in FL

We will be cruising in Sept 2010 on Carnival Legend - our first trip to the Caribbean, can't wait! I think "Will in Sunny FL" has pretty much convinced me to go with Coral Breezes in Belize (do you get a free trip for all the testimonials? ha ha ha). I have a couple questions:

1 - We desire to maximize our snorkel time in Belize. So leaning toward Stingray Alley/Coral Gardens/Caulker trip (versus Manatees/Bannister option). Can anyone tell me if there is anything other than the rays to look at during that snorkel stop? Pictures indicate shallow water with sandy bottom, and rays, but is there reef to view there too?

2 - Concerned that a few posts have mentioned trips being cancelled at the last minute leaving cruisers to find alternative excursions/transport. Anyone know how frequently this happens? Is September "low season" for cruising?, could we be at risk of Coral Breezes not having a full boat for our trip (and thus cancelling)?

Thanks! Cheryl

Archived