excursions for 5 & 8 year old in cozumel

dsck4

We will be cruising in June with our two children (5 & 8). This will be there first cruise. We are going on carnival will be stopping in cozumel and calica.

Does anyone have any suggestions as what to do in those ports that will keep the children entertained?

Thanks!!!!

The Dolphin encounter is great. We're waiting a couple of years for DD2 to be able to do it with DS5.

We will be going to Paradise Beach next month on our stop. We had a great beach day there last year.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Nachi Cocum and Mister Sancho's are other good beach spots, check the Ports of Call/Cozumel board.

Just keep an eye out as you walk through the mall at the port for the guys dressed like silver or bronze statutes. My DS(4 at the time) got the stuffing scared out of him when the guy moved. I thought it was funny, DW didn't.:eek:

Hi!

I'll be there with my 8-yr old daughter in April (on the Voyager/RCCL)

And I've also spotted the Dolphin Encounter.

Weren't your children afraid of the dolphin once in the pool?:D

This tour is supposed to last about 3 hours.

Do you think it'll be possible to go to the beach afterwards?

What about shopping downtown?

Are there nice children's clothes?

Toonye

5 yr old dd is sitting next to me as I read these posts so I asked her if she was afraid of the dolphin once she got into the water. "Oh no I wasn't. Not at all. It was the best time I ever had." She is still talking about being able to touch her teeth and give her a kiss on the nose. No fear at all:) (actually she just asked me to use this face instead :cool:)

The encounter and swim took place at a private beach club. We brought snorkeling equipment and went to the beach for a while afterwards. Since we did the ship excurion they provided transportation back at set times. We are not big beach goers and my mother wanted to have lunch on board so we didn't stay long. We could have spent the whole afternoon and taken a taxi back to the ship on our own. We planned to head to the main shopping area (about a $7 taxi ride) after lunch but were so exhausted we fell asleep when we got back to the cabin. Hopefully someone else can fill you in on the shopping part of your question.

The encounter and swim took place at a private beach club

Hi,

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Do you remember where it was?

The RCCL "Dolphin Encounter" Tour takes place at Chankanaab National Park.

Do you think it's the same ?

As for the beach, we're not great beachgoers to! In fact, I can't stay on a lounge chair for long, I get bored very fast! I prefer walking! I could walk along the sea for hours though!

My daughter doesn't like sand and I know she'll be happy with the pool:D

Toonye

Archived