Favorite Embarkation Port

Bridge Maven

We LOVE our home port - we don't have to fly - the new Cruise Maryland port has great parking - easy in and out - and just a great port.

Least favorite is San Diego - when we sailed out of there last year - the traffic was horrific - getting luggage tags was simply terrible - and getting into the building was a miraculous fete in itself.

It's a world class city, and there's nothing better than starting your cruise by sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge. Too bad Celebrity has abandoned the port, they used to have some real nice Mexico and Pacific Coastal cruises out of SF just a few years ago.

I would say Fort Lauderdale or New York City. Both are such great cities for sail-away. They are also awesome cities for spending time before or after cruising.

San Pedro may be convenient for some but it is the ugliest port I have left from in the U.S.

Because it is so convenient for us: Baltimore wins hands down.

Our Celebrity Cruises:

Meridian - 9/1995, Horizon - 11/1997, Galaxy - 10/1999, Galaxy – 9/2000, Zenith – 10/2001, Zenith – 11/2001, Summit – 5/2002, Century – 11/2002, Century – 8/2003, Century – 9/2003, Horizon – 10/2004, Mercury – 2/2005, Horizon – 9/2005, Mercury – 2/2006, Summit – 5/2007, Summit – 6/2007, Constellation – 1/2008, Infinity – 1/2009, Mercury – 11/2009

For us - any port from NYC or Bayonne but we love the fact that we'll be sailing out of Charleston this time around. Great city to spend a few days.

San Pedro was horrendous for us when we sailed to Hawaii. If they are revamping that port it's a good thing. It was the worst one we've sailed out of yet.

We do not have any convenient ports - that we can cruise from (although Charleston, SC is 5 hours away, we have not sailed out of there) so I guess our favorites in the U.S. are Fort Lauderdale (for reason listed above, and the water taxi), Port Canaveral (because of being able to do Disney/Universal pre and post cruise) and Baltimore (the Chesapeake Bay is something else!)

For outside the U.S. it would have to be hands down for obvious reasons, Rome, Italy (Civitavecchia) and a close second would be Vancouver (we love the beauty of this city.) :)

For a disembarkation city, it was Oahu, Hawaii. :)

Maybe because it was my first...San Juan has always been my favorite. The wind, warm air, night time, the lights of Old San Juan, and then seeing the El Morro all it up. I know this may sound crazy but I always think of Francis Scott Key writing the Star Bangled Banner.

Hi Everyone !

My favorite is Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale). I love the sailaways there - it's very scenic, and I enjoy waving to the folks in the Condos. It's always great fun, and our Family has a tradition of enjoying the sailaway from the Pool Deck. We have many wonderful memories !

My vote is for San Diego. Getting from the airport to the port is the easiest--you can even use the public bus if you don't have a lot of luggage.

Least favorite is San Pedro. It's a long and expensive ride from LAX and the LA traffic is the worst.

Archived