Tables for Two?

Lymami

My husband and I have cruised exclusively on Princess and are now looking into a Celebrity cruise on the Millennium. One of the things that drew us to Princess was the "Anytime Dining". We prefer to sit at a table for two and it was never a problem with Princess. Is this an option with Celebrity? We are not anti-social :), I have a hearing impairment which makes dining with others and conversing incredibly difficult and uncomfortable. Any help would be appreciated.

When opting for traditional dining - early or late seatings - tables for 2 are on request on.

For Celebrity Select dining - just tell them you want a table for two. Please note that gratuitites will be added to your final payment when you choose this option.

Actually, we had a great location on Millie, table for 2, and there were several others adjacent to ours that I would call "prime". We were located against balcony, towards the middle of the curve but not close to a service station. We always request a table for 2-4 and I check with maitre d' as soon as we board to ensure location. If we don't like it, we ask for a new assignment. That's easy to do when you are in the MDR, talking to the maitre d'.

We had a table for 2 on the Millenium a few years ago. It was around a curve close to the dining room entrance. So at the beginning and end of dinner each night, there was quite a bit of traffic past the table. We found that by coming about 5 - 10 minutes after the rush, we could sit down and avoid the crowds. We had great service and wouldn't hesitate to ask for a table for 2 again. We're now booked on the Summit with our three year old son and requested another small table.

Hope that helps!

We also always request tables for two. Our first one was bad, towards the back of the lower level, a very busy walkway for all the waiters. We took turns sitting facing each way because the one facing the oncoming trays was always cringing, thinking they would fall on your head, while the other had a serene view. So switching every night made it fair and fun.

Our next two times we had the lovely tables as others have described, along the edge of the middle of the balcony.

We've seen the ones under the stairs, along the entry way, etc. and we decided we really didn't care where they put us.

And we are also not anti-social - we find we meet more people while doing other things on the ship, and we really enjoy our time alone together at dinner.

Archived