Autoprogreso question

byltheville

I just booked Uxmal tour with Autoprogreso since many of you have had good report with them. I need your help on to clarify info for me. I got an email confirmation from them, named Gadalupe Li and he told where to find him and what he looks like. I assume this is ok?? It's our first time at Progreso so I don't know what to expect. Can someone "walk me through" the process of getting on the tour with Autoprogreso? Any input will be helpful. Thanks a bunch.

After you get of the ship and enter the shops located on the dock you will see reps from Autoprogresso. Aproach one and show them your e-mail confirmation. They wil give you a wrist band, tell you what time your tour starts and where to meet. Enjoy your day and don't worry Autoprogeso is a well respected and responsable company.

My husband and I booked with autoprogreso one month ago. We are going to explore the Dzibilchatun ruins in March. I contacted the company thanks to the posts I´ve seen in this web page and the email address that a girl shared with us autoprogresotours@hotmail.com The person that makes the reservations was very kind and answered the almost ten questions we asked her. I highly recommend Autoprogreso.

• 1 month later...

We're going to be there in three weeks on the Triumph and just now am seeing all the recommedations for Autoprogresso, so I'm going to contact them. This may sound like a sillly question, but is most everything done in American dollars? Meaning Autoprogresso as well as the shops, etc.? While we've been to Cancun and Cozumel we've usually stuck to ship tours, etc. I'd like to do more with the local economy if possible, and I'm not too intimidated as my Spanish is basically nada!

We're going to be there in three weeks on the Triumph and just now am seeing all the recommedations for Autoprogresso, so I'm going to contact them. This may sound like a sillly question, but is most everything done in American dollars? Meaning Autoprogresso as well as the shops, etc.? While we've been to Cancun and Cozumel we've usually stuck to ship tours, etc. I'd like to do more with the local economy if possible, and I'm not too intimidated as my Spanish is basically nada!

yes everything in american dollars but make sure you take small bills such as $1,$5, and $10's The information desk on the ship can give you those bills if you don't go by your bank before you leave home. Most people who deal with the public in Mexico can speak English. :)

We did the Uxmal tour with Autoprogreso on Feb. 1st. We booked with them through their website; Christy was our rep and answered all questions by email (quickly). Your rep will be at the pretty water fountain on the walkway inside the shops area just after getting off the ship (must go through the "round store" first). The reps will be standing near the fountain with a sign with your name on it. You pay them then, they put your wristband on you for your specific tour, and they take you outside these shops to the waiting large air-conditioned comfy bus. This bus takes you down the pier into the little terminal in town where you may have to change to another bus going to your particular destination.

Autoprogreso was very efficient, staff was friendly and informative, they take US dollars, and they speak English. We loved our tour of Uxmal ruins with them! Uxmal tour was $49 US dollars.

I traveled on Autoprogreso round-trip between the company's bus terminal in Progreso and Merida. Everything at the Autoprogreso bus terminal is priced in pesos, and I found no one speaking English. However, American dollars are known by everyone and quite possibly the bus company ticket agents would accept them (but I had plenty of pesos and the rate would be best in pesos). Also, I speak enough Spanish that the absence of English was no problem (and for all I knew maybe the ticket agents could speak English).

Of course, if you stay in tourist areas you'll find many more American dollars and English spoken.

Archived