Couple in their young 20's on Century

Sammypoqa

I've been on 6 RCCL cruises & 1 Carnival. Does anyone have any experiance of a Celebrity cruise for a couple in their young 20's? We're not crazy partiers... So I'm more so trying to compare Celebrity to RCCL. Just don't want to be bored.

Thank you!

My husband and I have been cruising together since our mid 20s on Celebrity and we have gone every year! We love Celebrity. We are never bored. The last few years have been the funnest because of the people we met from our Role calls on this website! We did meet and greets on our own, as well as the cruiselines. We have made some lasting friendships with the people we have met on cruises through Cruise Critic.

There is so much to do on the ship....from Trivia, to movies, to enrichment lectures, to wine tasting, to art auctions, to shows and games, karoke, bingo, dance lessons, parties...you name it. Celebrity may not have any rock climbing walls, surfing or slides, or ice skating rinks, but we don't need these "extras" to have fun.

What we enjoy is relaxing, having top notch service from staff that actually CARE whether you are having a good time, and go the extra mile. The theme used to be "Exspect the Unexspected"

My husband and I did go on one Carnival Cruise about 5 years ago. It was on one of their brand new ships. Yes, we had a great cruise. Yes we enjoyed the ship. We also met some really great people through cruise critic. But the service was not as good, the staff were complaining out loud about their jobs, the food was not as good.

When we returned to Celebrity the following year...it was like coming home.

Enjoy!

I'm in my mid-20s and just booked my first cruise on Century for March 11...I was a little worried so I'm just doing a 4 night stay for my first trip with them

I wanted to get away from the craziness that fills Carnival & RCCL, from what I understand it's just much more of a grown-up experience than the frat party atmosphere the other tend to turn into.

A shorter cruise normally attracts a younger crowd..... but not that much younger. The late night scene may be pretty lame by comparison.

A lot depends on the time of year -- and the price. I'm doing a 7 day cruise on summit out of San Juan soon (March 6) and I'm thinking the crowd may be younger since it's spring break for a lot of colleges, and because it's cheaper than RCCL cruise from San Juan..... but I won't know until mid-March.

There is so much to do on the ship....from Trivia, to movies, to enrichment lectures, to wine tasting, to art auctions, to shows and games, karoke, bingo, dance lessons, parties...you name it. Celebrity may not have any rock climbing walls, surfing or slides, or ice skating rinks, but we don't need these "extras" to have fun.

I guess each itinerary is different. Some days you have a lot to choose from and some days not so much. On our October cruise on the last sea day the only highlights were a bingo game and a 1950's British music trivia. :|

It's best to find someone who just came back from a ship you're interested in and ask for copies of the dailies.

In general, Celebrity will definitely be a more sedate cruise than Royal Caribbean... less families (kids), less younger couples, less extreme-sport activities... and that's exactly what I like. I also usually travel on the longer sailings - at least 14 days - so that I don't have to deal with the "party crowd". It's much more enriching to me to cultivate relationships with the fellow passengers.

My advice is to go on a 7 day sailing on Celebrity...that will give you a very good snapshot of the service, food, activities, passengers, etc.. and you'll be able to determine if Celebrity is the right cruiseline for you.

- Rick

As much as I love Celebrity, I would not recommend one of their older ships to someone in your age group. There would be a rather limited number of activities that would appeal to you. A Solstice class ship would be the way to go if you wanted to try Celebrity - they have a lot more to offer young adults. Royal Caribbean, Carnival or Princess all would likely be better than Century if a Solstice class ship is not an option.

Totally agree with Gonzo. Altho my dh and I love X, our 20 something daughter would lose her mind with the "atmosphere" on Century. She is used to RCL and the liveliness of their ships.

She isn't even ready to try the S class yet. She enjoys later nights, more age appropriate day activities, and people closer to her age to hang with. Definitely not a party animal and does enjoy her quiet beach laying time. But...no way on the Century. At least not at 25.

Totally agree with Gonzo. Altho my dh and I love X, our 20 something daughter would lose her mind with the "atmosphere" on Century. She is used to RCL and the liveliness of their ships.

She isn't even ready to try the S class yet. She enjoys later nights, more age appropriate day activities, and people closer to her age to hang with. Definitely not a party animal and does enjoy her quiet beach laying time. But...no way on the Century. At least not at 25.

I guess this shows you have to really know yourself! My 20 year old LOVES the atmosphere of the "quieter" clientele ships. We did a 14 night Azamara FILLED with retirees. She said it was her best vacation ever. She was the youngest person on board, then me (45) then 50's 60's and 70's. She loved the maturity of the other passengers, lounging and reading...

What this says to me is one needs to do your homework and know thyself!

This is where TA's are can shine. Finding someone the right line, ship, itinerary, etc is the difference between "I will never cruise again" and "I want to live on board." Categorically you would be in the minority, but to group people just based on age would disenfranchise many cruisers and potential cruisers.

I am in my mid/late 20's as is my s/o and am looking forward to our first Celebrity sailing in a week. I'm pretty confident it will be just what the doctor ordered, but we don't represent the majority of our age group. I have done 14 night Norway passages on the QE2, crossings, Caribbean, etc and as much as I like seeing new places, my favorite activity is relaxing and watching the wake from the ship as we are at sea.

It all depends what your goals are on your trip. That being said, as someone that is hooked on cruising I still feel that my least pleasant cruise was better than my best day spent not cruising.

I've been on 6 RCCL cruises & 1 Carnival. Does anyone have any experiance of a Celebrity cruise for a couple in their young 20's? We're not crazy partiers... So I'm more so trying to compare Celebrity to RCCL. Just don't want to be bored.

Thank you!

Hi there,

Do not worry, there are more and more younger couples crusing w/ Celebrity; we noticed a marked increased last year from the prior years' sailing.

It is funny though, the night club is always empty on the ship, but the bars are full, even w/ the younger people. Most nights we would wander by the night club - It was always empty. It seems that the younger people meet and then organize get-to-gethers in the bars and not the night club.:confused:

Archived