Kid's dress for formal night

kia

Suits or sport coat/w slacks are appropriate and look great, but I have seen many young boys wearing white shirts, slacks and a tie. I have kids, I know what you are going through, the kids will grow out of the stuff before it ever gets worn again. So, it all really depends on your budget, how much you are willing to spend for one or two wearings. You can, perhaps, check with your local thrift store, or wait for fantastic sales after Easter, if your cruise is not before then.

My whole point is, don't fret about it too much, no matter what info you will get here on these boards, if your guys are cleaned up good, they will be fine. Make sure you get a nice photo of the kids cleaned up.

Thanks for everyone's help. We are going on a 4 night cruise so we only have one formal night and I didn't want to buy suits just for the one night. Looks like a shirt and tie for the boys will be fine. Thanks again, Kia

My teens wore navy blue blazers and khakis along with white shirts and dark ties for formal night. They looked sharp and they had appropriate clothing for church or funerals for the next 6 months - the 14 year old has added 20 pounds since the cruise and had to get new khakis since. I would say they were better dressed than most others their age in the dining room. I suspect many parents take the kids to the Windjammer for dinner that night and dump them in the kids program for the evening as there were fewer present - and it was the early seating! My boys wouldn't have missed it, however, dinners in the dining room were a highlight for them.

Archived