Booking Guarantee Cabin (Eurodam)

AECrowell

My parents just booked the July 19th 10-day Baltic on the Eurodam. The price for an SS Superior Verandah Suite guarantee seemed very good, so that's what we booked. I figure that means they will most likely receive an SS cabin, although that classification appeared to be sold out at the time. If there's no SS to assign to them, then they should be moved up to SA, SB, or SC, and would then receive the "real" suite amenities, correct? (I don't think they'd like the SY or SU or spa suites.)

Sorry if I'm asking an obvious question, but we've never booked a guarantee before!

My parents just booked the July 19th 10-day Baltic on the Eurodam. The price for an SS Superior Verandah Suite guarantee seemed very good, so that's what we booked. I figure that means they will most likely receive an SS cabin, although that classification appeared to be sold out at the time. If there's no SS to assign to them, then they should be moved up to SA, SB, or SC, and would then receive the "real" suite amenities, correct? (I don't think they'd like the SY or SU or spa suites.)

Sorry if I'm asking an obvious question, but we've never booked a guarantee before!

Just a word of warning. We booked an SS when it showed all categories sold out except for the higher suites (SA, SB, SC). We figured we'd get an upgrade. Didn't happen. I think what happened was they went to people who had specific SS cabins and offered them an upsell. Those people probably paid more and it opened up SS cabins, so that's what we got.

If your parents do get upgraded (fingers crossed), then yes, they will get all the suite amenities in SA, SB, or SC. No perks for those in SS, except for larger cabin and balcony.

Here is what can be promised, based on the situation you set up:

You will be assigned AT LEAST an SS room, MAYBE higher. You CANNOT receive a lower category room.

Archived