Jewelry ideas?

graycottag

One of my secretaries has asked me to buy her an inexpensive piece of jewelry on my upcoming cruise to Grand Cayman, Roatan and Cozumel. I know next to nothing about jewelry and that last time I had to do this was to buy pearls in China...no real challenge there. What is something that is found in those ports that is unique to the area? She says her price range is up to about $100.00. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

I have been to Mexico and know the quality of silver can vary greatly - and know the marks for the better stuff, but would prefer something different.

the .925 sterling mark sholud be on the piece..not just the clasp..it should almost pierce the metal. (a hard strike) my fave piece is..a necklace of sorts.....it is a semi circular piece of about 3/8 in silver that curves around the bk of the neck..on down to the front ending in a reverse curl..like a big question mark.. I have dozens of pieces in sets and single pieces that I wear on it...do not get one with a point at the front middle..only a few things will fit...no double one either...just the one GIANT curl...thete will be ER's and pendant things to go on it..plain silver designs to go with liots...I have about evey color of stone made set in silver/gold to go on it..some on my brooches will do also. Mine was about $80..ER's about $15 to $40 depending on the weight. I get sooo many compliments on it..it has no clasp, so if you wear nails.. a snap to put on, by yourself. They are in .lots of shops..just keep looking..you might draw a pic to take with you. I have very expensive things, and very low priced thigs that i enjoy wearing on it. I have had a gold one made as well...It is 14k and was $132.. it was made in an hour..it is just "work" rods of silver/gold with NO soldering..just bending and shaping..and super comfy to wear..good luck

When in Coz go to Los Cinco Solas. Reputable--shopped there for years! You will find wonderful silver pieces there and for $100 will get something great.

I second that. There is also a nice store halfway down the strip that has giftware and a large selection of jewelry on tables. I think I saw coral, turquiose, and amythest around also.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same question mark shaped sterling silver necklace that Lucky has and it's lovely! Get sooo many compliments when I wear it with each of my silver pendants and their coordinating earrings, bracelets or rings. From my cruises I have sets with pearls, lapis, larimar, Carribean coral, turquoise, onyx and just interesting silver.

You'll find so many choices your head will swim!

Archived