Jalousie beach

JackieD223

I've seen the question asked by other members, but I haven't noticed an answer yet so I thought I would try. I am interesting in going to Jalousie Beach. How would I go about doing this? I know Cosol goes there but it seems like you only have one hour there. Is there another tour that offers more time there, or the opportunity to just go there? It seems like such a beautiful place and I would love to go there.

We took Cosol and elimated the stop at the volcano and waterfall and had at least 2 1/2 hours there. He made some great rum punch for us to enjoy on our way too ;) The drive is long, but he stops for photo ops along the way.

We have booked with Spencer Ambrose, and have arranged to cut out the botanical gardens and swimming at the falls in order to have 2 hours at Jalousie.

I suppose since the ride seems pretty long to get there, you just need to decide what you want to cut from the standard tour, in order to have more time at the beach. I can't speak for other operators, but Spencer has been very easy to deal with going back and forth via email.

Hi,We went to Jalousie Beach last year with Cosol Tours,It`s stunning!!! We had about two hours to enjoy the beach and the surroundings it was breathtaking.When I see the Pitons on the TV (TRAVEL PROGS) I`ll shout I`ve stood between them to anyone that will listen.It was awesome.It was lovely sitting at the beach bar sipping a rum cocktail.Looking forward to doing it again in the near future.

Cosol Tour was great BTW.I will use him again

Regards

M

I'm sorry :o....we used Spencer Ambrose last year! He was amazing, and stopped several times on our way to Jalousie to show us things. One stop he bought us fresh made bread from a woman in a small shop in town. It was delicious!

2889431400064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2087092900064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2132985490064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2560406360064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Spencer seems the way to go then to see other things and enjoy some beach time! How much did you pay for the tours with him? Did it really seem like a long car ride or did the sights along the way break it up?

Our family toured with Spencer in July. He was a fantastic tour guide--the best we ever had--and we thoroughly enjoyed our day with him. The tour cost us $65.00 per person and our 10-year old was half price. Although we booked the full West Coast Island Tour, Spencer does offer the option to skip the sites and go directly to Jalousie Beach.

St. Lucia is very mountainous and it is about a 1 – 1 1/2 hour drive (depending on traffic conditions) on winding roads to get down to Soufriere and Jalousie Beach, but the drive down is broken up by various stops, where you can actually get out of the van and take pictures. Our stops included the Banana Plantation, Anse La Raye, the snake man, Canaries, and the Soufriere overlook. Once in Soufriere it was a short drive to the Toraille Waterfalls/Botancial Gardens and Sulphur Springs.

It took us approx. 50 minutes to drive back to the ship. We only stopped twice. Once at the bakery for fresh Creole bread (but we stayed in the van) and again at the Morne Fortune Overlook. To us the amount of time driving/spent in the van was not an issue, as it was worth seeing some of the beautiful sites St. Lucia has to offer. Besides, not only is there a cooler of drinks right at your fingertips in the van, but Spencer is also a fantastic host and he will keep you entertained!

Banana Plantation

IMG_0445.jpg

Jalousie Beach

IMG_0484.jpg

CarnivalVictoryCruise789.jpg

Spencer also gave us all the option of putting in together to charter a boat back to port . He made a phone call and we all chipped in $25 US a head

and got an extra hour at the beach . Then a great guy drove us by boat 25 minutes or so back to port . Instead of another hour and a half back in the van, we had a totally different view of the island's cliffs and harbors . A couple of hundred yards from Jalousie he stopped and turned the boat for a whole different photo op. BEAUTIFUL !! Way worth it to all of us . Spencer responds very well with email and we didn't need a deposit . Have Fun ! Ted

? The day with Spencer sounds good, how did you arrange to be with him specifically? We want to spend as much time as we can on the beach by the pitons? Was there an option to swim between the Pitons? How much total did it cost to get to the beach and back to port and how much time was involved? Did it give you ample time to and from port? Sorry for all my questions but I am getting stressed planning this day. Thanks

MyVal

I contacted him via email at spencer7114@gmail dot com or you can check out his web site at spencerambrosetours dot com. We are also cutting out some sites to have more time at the beach - he is charging $65.

One thing I can tell you Marcia is that if you email Spencer he will tell you what he can do and he'll do it . If he can't I promise you he will tell you right away . He is such an honest good guy ! What I did was tell him what I wanted to do and through the course of maybe 6 emails we ironed out all my questions and needs . If you want to leave out something just tell him , I

don't think you need to worry much about having a great memorable time , if you show up he is gonna make your day great ! Even the little things that I didn't think I'd care about he made fun and interesting . My whole group , 6

of us love the man , you will see ! Enjoy the planning using these boards , I

love the planning almost as much as the voyage . Relax and Enjoy Ted

Sorry didn't see the earlier post . I just emailed Spencer at Spencer Ambrose Tours . The Pitons are about ooooh I don't know Quarter mile maybe apart and Jalousie beach is nestled right in the middle . We brought our snorkel gear but the hotel there rents gear and chairs . Bring a baby box of cheerios and the fish in the snorkeling area will come right up to ya . Like I said earlier we rented a boat back and the more I think about it that was a whole nother cool excursion in itself and I live at the beach with a boat . When they dropped us back at port we had an hour or so to eat ice cream at the first building you come to . Awesome homemade island ice cream . Spencer doesn't come close to playing with departure times in his line of work that's the cardinal sin . Like I said we paid an extra charge for the boat ride , ask him that price option for your group ahead of time . He actually told me he was hoping that in the future he could get a boat to run that shuttle and the one to Jalousie beach on his own . But it will take him alot of money . He told me that as of now the resort owns the land not the shore between the pitons . They stopped allowing outside guest through the access roads . So the Only way to get there is by sea . So now they have to take you to a third party water taxi about 5 to 10 min boat ride away and bring you in that way . Hope this helps ! Take Care

Hi, We have gone back and forth with deciding what to do. Glad someone else has been emailing back and forth to Spencer. We have decided to go with Spencer on his tour to the Pitons and will ask him to arrange the boat ride back. I hope someday he can get his own boat. I can't wait to meet him. And a big thanks for your encouraging words to RELAX, yes I am enjoying the planning as much as the trip, well almost! Thanks

Marcia:)

What sites did you eliminate on Spencers tour? I am totally ok with the $65 but what I really want is a water taxi to Jalousie and the Pitons.

Thanks

Marcia

Personally we are eliminating the Botanical Gardens and the Waterfalls. We have been to St Lucia before and did the Serenity Tour to Anse Cochon. We didn't get to see any of the interior of the island, so we do want to be able to stop for some pictures this time. Good luck!

Archived