Crusing south from San Juan

tgjr

Looks like we'll do Trunk Bay for sure. Everyone rates it so highly.

For Dominica, we have Levi Baron booked and for Barbodos we've booked Shasa Catamaran. Looks like Buck Island is the best option for St. Croix, but it won't be the ship's excursion. I've never been on a ship's excursion yet where I felt it was worth the money. I have to get busy this weekend and research the private operators for that.

I'm holding off on booking anything for St. Kitts. That one lands smack dab in the middle of 5 days of ports. I suspect a low-key day would make the most sense so we won't be burned out by the time we get to port 4 or 5. I've gotten a map and a walking tour of the town from another CCer ... and I'm interested in visiting Brimstone Fortress. We'll see how that day develops. It wouldn't be unusual for us to do a "day at sea" in port and enjoy the ship's facilities.

I'm holding off on booking anything for St. Kitts. That one lands smack dab in the middle of 5 days of ports. I suspect a low-key day would make the most sense so we won't be burned out by the time we get to port 4 or 5. I've gotten a map and a walking tour of the town from another CCer ... and I'm interested in visiting Brimstone Fortress.

DW and I recommend touring the island with Thenford Grey. Very relaxing tour, no exertion involved, tour Romney Manor and Brimstone Hill fortress,

see views from Sir Timothy's Hill where you can see the Atlantic on one side and the Caribbean on the other, one rough, one smoooth as glass,

plus you make a short stay at Cockleshell Bay for a quick dip.

Email in advance to reserve a spot. 48 p/p a bargain. Very informative and knowledgable guide. You won't be disappointed.

We also have enjoyed cruising out of San Juan. The price is amazing when compared to cruises out of Miami or FLL!!! I really would have loved to have done a segway tour of Old San Juan but it was a rainy day so we did not pursue that plan. Friends sailed out of Miami and they had cold overcast weather their entire cruise. We had 80 degree plus weather the entire trip with just a little rain in San Juan.

We did Mandoo's tour in Grenada and had a wonderful tour. I would do that tour again in a heartbeat. Goldiemom, sorry to hear that your tour did not fulfill your expectations. Mandoo was excellent. He even ended up explaining the spice processing to passengers that got taxis off the pier with drivers that could not explain the spices. At Grand Etang Lake, Mandoo called the monkeys and "LoverBoy" came out to get some bananas. Again, other tourists were able to take advantage of Mandoo's experience as the taxi drivers just drove the taxis.

Archived