Marina - Cabanas

FrankLasVegas

Here is the info on the cabanas (While this states deck 11 listed under the Marina information, the cabanas are actually on deck 16):

Cabanas

The Sun Deck, located forward on Deck 11, is an indulgent tranquil oasis with eight private Cabanas, featuring our luxurious Balinese Day Bed for two. With stunning ocean vistas, you can enjoy total relaxation as your personal cabana valet caters to your every whim. Each private cabana features the following amenities:

• Luxurious Balinese Day Bed for Two
  • Cabana Service including delivery of menu items from Waves Grill
  • Fruit Skewers served in the morning
  • Ice Cream served in early afternoon
  • Afternoon Tea served with sweets and savories
  • Refreshing Iced Towel Wraps
  • Complimentary 10-Minute Chair Massage*
  • Exclusive 25% discount on Oceania Spa by Mandara select services performed in the Spa on port days
  • Exclusive Cabana Bag with sun care products, sun visors, towels and refreshing facial mister with the purchase of a full-cruise Cabana Package** - a $350 retail value

*Applies to days when the ship is in port and with the purchase of select packages only. Can be performed in the Cabana or Spa.

**Other packages available onboard.

The price for a full-cruise Cabana Package with all the stuff listed above on the 19-day Colonial Crossing is $750 (yep...I already reserved one). Not sure what the day rates are but will depend upon availability and whether it is a port day or sea day.

Maybe StanandJim will post some of their great cabana pictures here to entice those that are new to Oceania to book a cabana...;)

Kathleen

oceania_cabanas.jpgFrank-

Before your cruise, you may reserve a Cabana, but only if you wish to rent one for the whole cruise. Pre Cruise rentals cost $500 for up to 12 days, and $750 for up to 23 days.

As of now, the cabanas on Marina are being sold at the same prices as the older three ships, but pricing going forward is TBD.

Once you are onboard the ship, if there is any availability (i.e. if the Cabanas have not all been rented), then you may reserve one by the day if you wish. The cost for onboard rental is $50 for a day when the ship is in port or $100 for a sea day.

As you might imagine, cabanas are more popular on some itineraries, less popular on others. On the more port intensive cruises, and those in cooler climes, the cabanas go begging, on Canal transits, or in the Caribbean, they are booked solid

The cabanas are identified by a name, such as Monte Carlo, Portofino, or Capri, and the passenger does not pick a particular unit to rent, the cabana that you are assigned is at the discretion of the concierge.

These are the amenities that renting a full cruise Cabana brings:

• Luxurious Balinese Day Bed for Two
  • Cabana Service including delivery of menu items from Waves Grill
  • Fruit Skewers served in the morning
  • Ice Cream served in early afternoon
  • Afternoon Tea served with sweets and savories
  • Refreshing Iced Towel Wraps
  • Complimentary 10-Minute Chair Massage*
  • Exclusive 25% discount on Oceania Spa by Mandara select services performed in the Spa on port days
  • Exclusive Cabana Bag with sun care products, sun visors, towels and refreshing facial mister with the purchase of a full-cruise Cabana Package** - a $350 retail value

Yes they are. There is an folding type overhead that can be cranked open to fully expose you to the sun or set at any position you like. There is also a fan to cool you down.

Just got home from Insignia around the Horn. About the only use of the cabanas was when we went by glaciers...since no one rented any of them a lot of people stacked the little table on the day bed and stood on that to get an unrestricted view forward for pictures. Very funny to see all the heads sticking up.

...since no one rented any of them a lot of people stacked the little table on the day bed and stood on that to get an unrestricted view forward for pictures.

:mad:.......how foolish can adults be?

You cannot blame it on the cabanas either, because the R ships were built with those wind screens forward on deck 11.

R-TWO-igb-02.jpg

When the fares go up because somebody broke a hip and sued, dont blame Oceania........ditto if they restrict access to deck 11.

Hey, I thought I was paying double for class!

IMHO, you're paying for the misting fans, the hot & cool towels & the fruit Skewers......

Misting+FAN.jpg444434.jpgcorporate_catering_fruit-_kebab.jpg

And whatever you do, DON'T forget the Raspberry dipping sauce!

raspberry+sauce.JPG

Oceania's cabanas are amazing. :D

Hello All:

Booked the Colonial Crossing this morning.

Wondering how the cabanas will work - do you reserve for certaon days, entire cruise?

Anyone know pricing?

Thanks!

Come on over to the our roll call for this cruise! Already up and running and anxious to meet you! Never have done the cabanas..but sound neat! My only thought would be, after doing two T/A's on this southern route, it might be windy...but, from the picture posted, it looks sheltered so might work??? LuAnn

• 2 months later...

Is that $750 per cabana for the entire cruise (long, but under 23 days) or $750 per person with two people per cabana, bringing the total to $1,500 for rental of one cabana for the entire cruise?*

Please check your invoice before answering. Thank you.

* I consider the first amount/scenario to be merely expensive but a maybe, and the second to be *****-crazy-expensive.

Also, do they ever surprise you with savory goodies (at times other than afternoon tea) instead of just fruit skewers and raspberry sauce? In addition to the Waves Grill items, I mean.

Is that $750 per cabana for the entire cruise (long, but under 23 days) or $750 per person with two people per cabana, bringing the total to $1,500 for rental of one cabana for the entire cruise?*

$750 total :D

Also, do they ever surprise you with savory goodies (at times other than afternoon tea)

They won't surprise you, however, if you request nuts or chips or other nibbles, they will appear.

We hand a Cabana neighbor once who had a penchant for cheeses, and they kept him well supplied.

On our recent Caribbean cruise we were the only ones that booked a cabana and nobody booked one for a single day - other than the shuffleboard group and the golfers nobody was up there for most of the cruise. We were quite surprised.

oceania_cabanas.jpg

On the more port intensive cruises, and those in cooler climes, the cabanas go begging, on Canal transits, or in the Caribbean, they are booked solid

On our recent Caribbean cruise we were the only ones that booked a cabana and nobody booked one for a single day - other than the shuffleboard group and the golfers nobody was up there for most of the cruise. We were quite surprised.

That can happy occasionally. Some folks just dont "get" the lounging aspect that the Cabanas represent.

Being in the cabana is what being royalty must feel like. It's beyond having a butler in your suite. It's positively decadent. One might feel like calling out to ones Cabana Boy: " Come peel me a grape!" ... and he would!

What truly makes the in-cabana experience more decadent than having a butler in your suite is, of course, the cabana itself. The area is fairly small, maybe 9 feet by 9 feet. There are white curtains along the sides and a canvas roof that pulls back to the open sun. There's a double Balinese bed with a thick pad clothed in a custom-made terrycloth cover, which allows each side of the headrest to be adjusted independently. The unit has a private phone, a mist-blowing fan, two little tables, full size terry towels, and both bar and lunch menus. In the mornings you are treated to frozen fruit skewers which come with the most scrumptious strawberry sauce imaginable.

Feet up and mind and body relaxed, I finally had the opportunity to look at and use what was in my cabana goodie bag, valued at $350. (You can buy a second one for $185, quite a steal.) There is, of course, the huge chenille bag with the Oceania Cruises logo. Inside are two enormous bath sheets, very elegant, also with the Oceania Cruises logo. Other logo gear includes one baseball-style cap in black and one sun visor in white. There are sunscreen wipes, a spray bottle of Evian mist, and a bag of pricey Clarins treatments for skin care in the sun.

I stayed there until sailaway, reading and relaxing. It wasn't hot, it wasn't cold. It was just right.

OK, down to specifics:

1. Ice cream. At these prices, I am thinking I would like a hot fudge sundae or banana split delivered to my cabana. Has anyone ordered these to be delivered to their cabanas? Does Waves Grill offer these? If not, are "off menu" items OK? How about a banana milkshake?

2. Cheeses were mentioned. How about brie and french bread with champagne grapes?

3. Can I have shish-ka-bob in my cabana?

We had everything we could imagine in our cabana, even two stewards who became so attached to us, they wanted us to adopt them. The seemed to anticipate our every desire and would have the cabana set up whenever we went there. Friends of our booked the cabana next door and we opened the divider.2 cabanas together are even more spacious! They brought us ice cream all the time. My favorite was my Perrier cooling in a champagne bucket. Worth every penny. We have one booked for the Route of the Vikings. It may be cooler up there, but I image the views will be breathtaking. Can't wait!

Milkshakes - quite likley

Cheese - probably although all the rest is pushing it a bit

Shisk-ka-bob - unlikely, not a menu item

They will bring you the formal tea at 4 though complete with a rather formally dressed servers with their white gloves, little sammies and pastries.

I CANNOT believe we didn't get our scones with clotted cream - I'd been quite literally dreaming of that and then got on board and completely forgot about it until after we were home again - now I have to wait for the fall trip in Italy!

OK, down to specifics:

1. Ice cream. At these prices, I am thinking I would like a hot fudge sundae or banana split delivered to my cabana. Has anyone ordered these to be delivered to their cabanas? Does Waves Grill offer these? If not, are "off menu" items OK? How about a banana milkshake?

2. Cheeses were mentioned. How about brie and french bread with champagne grapes?

3. Can I have shish-ka-bob in my cabana?

Milkshakes - quite likley

Cheese - probably although all the rest is pushing it a bit

Shisk-ka-bob - unlikely, not a menu item

They will bring you the formal tea at 4 though complete with a rather formally dressed servers with their white gloves, little sammies and pastries.

I CANNOT believe we didn't get our scones with clotted cream - I'd been quite literally dreaming of that and then got on board and completely forgot about it until after we were home again - now I have to wait for the fall trip in Italy!

Feel free to ask the Cabana staff for anything that you want from Waves, the Bar, the Terrace or Room Service.

I have not told this story until now, but on our last Oceania Cruise our Cabana Boy made the mistake of refusing to bring us a plate of Moussaka from the Greek Buffet in the Terrace.

I was disappointed, but hesitated to make an issue of it.

Coincidentally, the Hotel Manager (with whom I was concurrently planning the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet) got wind of the situation from the guests in the next Cabana, when she came up to deck 11 to get an OK on the CC invitations.

The employee in question was royally chastised (thankfully out of my hearing), and then dispatched to my cabin to apologize.

For the rest of the cruise, he was the MODEL of cooperation!

They do take that part very seriously don't they!?

Our first day of cabana use on this cruise we ordered lunch, nothing unique just a couple of beers and some burgers from Waves. The beer came promptly and then as more and more time passed we wondered what on earth had happened to the burgers.

We phoned down to find out what had happened - much confusion ensued.

Seems the delivery person didn't know where the cabanas were and had left the food on a chair on the sun deck. We had no idea because we were facing the other direction. When the cabana boy explained what had happened we had a good laugh.

Then it got almost embarrassing albeit amusing - the cabana boy apologized, a person, who I assume was the Waves manager, apologized and then the food and beverage manager apologized and when he came back with the food the cabana boy apologized again.

Needless to say throughout the remainder of the cruise they were very attentive. :D

Thanks for the tip on room service - I hadn't thought of that.

If you have a vista suite, would a cabana still be a good idea? Never having been on Oceania, I am a bit confused with all these good things they seem to have. WOW! Overlooking the ocean from the top of the ship seems like a dream.....

If you have a vista suite, would a cabana still be a good idea? Never having been on Oceania, I am a bit confused with all these good things they seem to have. WOW! Overlooking the ocean from the top of the ship seems like a dream.....

We were in a Vista Suite, and still took a Cabana, but most people would consider that overkill.

We very much enjoy the social aspect of the Cabanas (you can open the curtain wall between them, if you're friendly with the folks next door).

Although the Cabanas are only 2 or 3 decks above the Vista Suites, the views are dramatically different.

oc_regatta.jpg

Keep in mind that the railings around the Vista Suite Balconies (and Owners Suite Balconies, for that matter) are solid metal, and are about 4 feet high.

insigcabana.jpg

When you lie on the daybed in the Cabana, the glass wall in front of you runs all the way down to the deck. Very compelling!

We had a cabana for the Panama Canal crossing in January. The cabana was wonderful and everything that has been described is true. The area of the crossing is hot, hot, and the fans with the spray misters are a miracle in that heat. I don't know if we would have a cabana again for the entire trip; several reasons: so much food and drink in the normal course of things that we could not take advantage of the "bring me icecream" fun. and......there were a couple of days we just had too much else going on and did not spend much time, or even no time in them, and finally, the bathrooms/restroom whatever...are on another level (inconvenient and time consuming).

In summary, I definately recommend trying it out.

Archived