EWWW Moments

AZ TRAVEL

Tons. It's the reason I don't eat at buffets (anywhere not just on the ship).

The grossest thing I ever saw- and it makes me heave just thinking about it- was a mid-teens boy stick his hands down the back of his pants and dig around ferociously. I mean he was gettin it- under his underwear and all! Then, he took his hand out of his pants smelled it, shrugged his shoulders and stuck his hand in his mouth and started to lick his fingers. It was in the buffet.

I thought maybe he was mentally ill but he was ALONE all the time. I never saw him with anyone else and he was all over the ship.

on the Freedom in 08 - it was formal night and we were in the dining room, and my dh had to take my 4 year old son to the bathroom and there was a guy in the stall next to them (probably like 19-20) throwing up all over in the stall. My dh had to lift my son up because the vomit was seeping into their stall near their feet. As my son & dh were washing their hands the sick guy came out of the stall with vomit all over him & could barely stand up....drunk as could be.... My dh took my son out of the bathroom as fast as he could to get away from that guy. Oh, yeah, then had to come back to the dinner table. Nice.

The grossest thing I ever saw- and it makes me heave just thinking about it- was a mid-teens boy stick his hands down the back of his pants and dig around ferociously. I mean he was gettin it- under his underwear and all! Then, he took his hand out of his pants smelled it, shrugged his shoulders and stuck his hand in his mouth and started to lick his fingers. It was in the buffet.

I thought maybe he was mentally ill but he was ALONE all the time. I never saw him with anyone else and he was all over the ship.

You're surprised he was alone all the time??? Why?:D:eek:

Ok this one wins the EWWW award from me. That is TMI.

Okay, after reading some of these others, maybe mines not so bad...

We were at one of the recommended bars on the other side of Cozumel and the guy mixing drinks pours a sample of the margarita into the bottle cap and drinks from it them pours the rest back into the bottle. :eek:

I'm part of the avoid the buffett line camp and use hand sanitizer after every trip if you cannot. Menu's (especially at mexican restaurants - salsa on the menus), salt, ketchup... I cannot stop thinking about everyone who licks their fingers and then needs more... Wow, why do we eat out 2-3 times a week??? :confused:

I'm part of the avoid the buffett line camp and use hand sanitizer after every trip if you cannot. Menu's (especially at mexican restaurants - salsa on the menus), salt, ketchup... I cannot stop thinking about everyone who licks their fingers and then needs more... Wow, why do we eat out 2-3 times a week??? :confused:

I agree with you. I brought a box of latex gloves on my cruise a couple weeks ago and used them in the buffet line all the time.

But nasty nonetheless. We were on Conquest, just came down the slide and climbing the stairs for another run. My friend turns to me, points to a couple in the hot tub (gal on guy's lap, she facing him) and says, "My husband thinks they are...............(fill in the blank)".:eek: I wish I could poke out my mind's eye, I still can't get that sight out of my memory!! This was in the middle of the Lido deck not long after sail away - with a crowd all around!! No performance anxiety there!

Aarrgghh!!

Sol y Mar

(I also have encountered the nasty bathroom experiences that others have shared, unfortunately, those are not the first to come to mind):(

But nasty nonetheless. We were on Conquest, just came down the slide and climbing the stairs for another run. My friend turns to me, points to a couple in the hot tub (gal on guy's lap, she facing him) and says, "My husband thinks they are...............(fill in the blank)".:eek: I wish I could poke out my mind's eye, I still can't get that sight out of my memory!! This was in the middle of the Lido deck not long after sail away - with a crowd all around!! No performance anxiety there

:eek: I guess they couldn't wait until they got back to they're room to "christen" they're cruise!

Triumph, Canada/New England cruise, last June. Our last night, we were packing our bags. Naked man in the hallway, which would have been bad enough, but then he pooped. In the hallway. Either he was very drunk, or he was someone who needed supervision but wasn't being supervised. Either way it was pretty sad...

Triumph, Canada/New England cruise, last June. Our last night, we were packing our bags. Naked man in the hallway, which would have been bad enough, but then he pooped. In the hallway. Either he was very drunk, or he was someone who needed supervision but wasn't being supervised. Either way it was pretty sad...

:eek::eek:2xOMG:eek::eek:

As someone said earlier, after reading some of the above, mine is not as EWWW as I originally thought. Fascination 10/08... We had seen an older teen for the first couple of days of the cruise and he was always alone, strange how most of the people described here are alone, and one evening I went up on the sports deck and there he was... urinating into one of the holes on the mini golf course. Needless to say, we did not hit any balls into that hole for the duration of the trip.

Many years ago we cruised RCCL to Cozumel and took an excursion to the Mayan Ruins. We had to take a ferry to shore then take a bus to the ruins. I was good and did my research on CC about this excursion and was told the water was extremely rough and to take Dramamine or some kinda sea sickness medication....and luckily i did. That ferry ride was like some ride at Disney World....one side of the boat would go up and all you could see out that side was the windows, and on the other side all you could see was the water. They were walking around passing out trash bags and people were getting sick everywhere....except for me...yeah me!!! When we got to our destination, this woman go off the boat and told her hubby, "I am NOT getting on that ferry again. I don't know how you are gonna get us back to the ship, but it surely ain't gonna be on that ferry." It was quite and experience to say the least.

Archived